• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

C2010 SE Installion Interuption Vista

Zachwill

Question

<_<

I have followed suggestions on this site such as updating, shutting off A/V and all start up programs. Still, when I try to install the program, it

gets as far as installing microsoft.net v3.5 SP1. At thid point I get the setup was interupted error message and it tells me it is finished, etc. I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit with Intel Q6600 CPU. I was successful in installing it on my wife's laptop, but want to install it on my desktop, where my music and video files are stored. Please help, thank you.

8 answers to this question

Try installing .NET 3.5 SP1 from windows update and running the installer again. It should skip that component.

:(

I have tried that and my computer is not letting me update .net framework. In fact, it is not letting me put any on. Or at least I am not seeing any in program update screen in control panel. Getting ready to dump system and reload everything all over again. Woe is me. Any suggestions. By the way , it feels l.ike I have tried every solutions that is on the net/web

:(

I have tried that and my computer is not letting me update .net framework. In fact, it is not letting me put any on. Or at least I am not seeing any in program update screen in control panel. Getting ready to dump system and reload everything all over again. Woe is me. Any suggestions. By the way , it feels l.ike I have tried every solutions that is on the net/web

What do you mean your computer isn't letting you???

If there are error messages, their Text is Very Important!!!

What do they say?

Yeah, same issue with me. Roxio online support doesn't know what to do right now. I get 33% installed, and then it rolls back. I've done so many steps numerous of times:

1.) Repaired Roxio Creator Pro 2010

2.) Clean uninstall and installation of program

3.) Enabled hidden administrator and saved entire disc to a desktop folder and ran setup.exe

4.) Uninstalled Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and tried to install. Didn't work. Ran Windows update to get the Framework...downloaded it and tried to install again. Still nothing.

Nothing is working. I don't understand what is "interrupting" the installation every time. Help please?

This sounds like my problem. Got Creator 2010 for Christmas. Won't load on my home PC (Vista). It spends 15 minutes or so loading, then spends another 15 minutes rolling back and then gives message saying it was interrupted and try again. Very frustrating. Doesn't help that I'm a novice at computers. Can someone help? I don't even know what a clean install is...saw that referenced in the chain. The hyperlink to the clean install instructions didn't work. I did follow one tip I saw which was to delete Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and then try to reinstall but that didn't work.

Thank you anyone...

Yeah, same issue with me. Roxio online support doesn't know what to do right now. I get 33% installed, and then it rolls back. I've done so many steps numerous of times:

1.) Repaired Roxio Creator Pro 2010

2.) Clean uninstall and installation of program

3.) Enabled hidden administrator and saved entire disc to a desktop folder and ran setup.exe

4.) Uninstalled Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and tried to install. Didn't work. Ran Windows update to get the Framework...downloaded it and tried to install again. Still nothing.

Nothing is working. I don't understand what is "interrupting" the installation every time. Help please?

We were able to solve this. David had some write permission issues in his registry that involved some modification. Along with some registry cleanup we were able to resolve the installation issue. I will write up an article shortly on how to address the registry permissions issue as I have seen a few users with the same issue.

Archived