DVD/VHS Player

Daffodil Rose

Question

Hi-

I have Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition. I am using it with a dual VHS/DVD Player. When I hook it up to try and transfer from the VCR portion, all that comes up on my screen capture is the DVD portion screen saver, even though I have the VHS player on and running. I am not sure what to do to correct this. Thanks in advance for your help and have a wonderful day!

1 answer to this question

Hi-

I have Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition. I am using it with a dual VHS/DVD Player. When I hook it up to try and transfer from the VCR portion, all that comes up on my screen capture is the DVD portion screen saver, even though I have the VHS player on and running. I am not sure what to do to correct this. Thanks in advance for your help and have a wonderful day!

Some VHS/DVD players use the S-Video for DVD playback and the regular composite cables (Yellow,Red.White) for the VHS.

So in the Roxio software you would have to select the appropriate Input source (composite or S-Video).

If you are using the composite cable (VHS-Yellow connector) connected to the USB device, you should disconnect the S-Video one (It might be a good idea to disconnect the S-Video connection on the back of the player as well)

Composite connection VHS

post-68-1261951349.png

S-Video DVD

post-68-1261951372.png

Edited by ogdens