• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Copy disks

kingtgf

Question

I haven't tried copying disks since Toast 9, but now, after upgrading to Toast 10.05 and Snow Leopard, Toast does not recognize either of my two disk drivers. I can burn TS, Image, avi, mp4, data, etc, to either drive from my hard drive - but not from a DVD drive.

What Happened? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

2 answers to this question

I haven't tried copying disks since Toast 9, but now, after upgrading to Toast 10.05 and Snow Leopard, Toast does not recognize either of my two disk drivers. I can burn TS, Image, avi, mp4, data, etc, to either drive from my hard drive - but not from a DVD drive.

What Happened? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Since I updated to 10.05 when-ever I put a CD in my (external Firewire) drive it reads it as a DVD, won't let me make a copy... worse than that it perverts my system into believing the CD is a DVD.... making it useless. If open it in iTunes before Toast it works until I open Toast... & will work in iTunes again only after trashing the Toast prefs. If I use the same drive with USB it works perfectly, if I use the main drive in the machine it works too. I've tried 2 different drives with Firewire... both the same result. If I do a clean system install (yes I did) use Toast 10.04 everything works, as soon as I update to 10.05 I'm getting the same thing again. 10.05 is f@kD! Stay away from this k®P!

Since I updated to 10.05 when-ever I put a CD in my (external Firewire) drive it reads it as a DVD, won't let me make a copy... worse than that it perverts my system into believing the CD is a DVD.... making it useless. If open it in iTunes before Toast it works until I open Toast... & will work in iTunes again only after trashing the Toast prefs. If I use the same drive with USB it works perfectly, if I use the main drive in the machine it works too. I've tried 2 different drives with Firewire... both the same result. If I do a clean system install (yes I did) use Toast 10.04 everything works, as soon as I update to 10.05 I'm getting the same thing again. 10.05 is f@kD! Stay away from this k®P!

Trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast. This might fix these issues.