• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 16:9 Capture

fallandspring

Question

Start videowave. On welcome screen "Create a new production" normal or widescreen, cannot click widescreen. Have to start with normal then in program click "File" from drop down menu then "New Production" then "Widescreen". And, the video captured from my camcorder fits only 4:3 o f the 16:9 new production screen, that is, black spaces on both sides of the production. Roxio Medio Import will not capture/convert to widescreen. I thought Videowave would do this. I am sure was able to do the 16:9 thing with XP and Vista Home Premium. My OS is now Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. If you think SP1 for EMC 2010 may work, having problems with this install. The install says "cannot find EMC 2010 product. I have tried installing EMC 2010 again from CD and download. Also tried to install SP1 disabling Virus Program and in Safe Mode. I really don't want to do a clean uninstall/install. :angry2:

3 answers to this question

Start videowave. On welcome screen "Create a new production" normal or widescreen, cannot click widescreen. Have to start with normal then in program click "File" from drop down menu then "New Production" then "Widescreen". And, the video captured from my camcorder fits only 4:3 o f the 16:9 new production screen, that is, black spaces on both sides of the production. Roxio Medio Import will not capture/convert to widescreen. I thought Videowave would do this. I am sure was able to do the 16:9 thing with XP and Vista Home Premium. My OS is now Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. If you think SP1 for EMC 2010 may work, having problems with this install. The install says "cannot find EMC 2010 product. I have tried installing EMC 2010 again from CD and download. Also tried to install SP1 disabling Virus Program and in Safe Mode. I really don't want to do a clean uninstall/install. :angry2:

Well, you can:

1) Try a repair or

2) Restore your computer to a time before you installed the program or

3) reformat your hard disc.

Where did you get the video file? If it is 4 by 3, you cannot change that except on your DVD player. What video camera do you have? If it is a JVC, then there is a post pinned to the top of this forum for capturing video from that camera.

Well, you can:

1) Try a repair or

2) Restore your computer to a time before you installed the program or

3) reformat your hard disc.

Where did you get the video file? If it is 4 by 3, you cannot change that except on your DVD player. What video camera do you have? If it is a JVC, then there is a post pinned to the top of this forum for capturing video from that camera.

Restore never works. Not for me anyway. Reformat for 1 program - not an option. The video file is from a Sony. But when I did capture and production with XP and Vista using Videowave and then MyDVD my work was in widescreen. Thanks for your reply. I will try a clean uninstall and install of my EMC10. Or, should I go to Creator 2010?

Restore never works. Not for me anyway. Reformat for 1 program - not an option. The video file is from a Sony. But when I did capture and production with XP and Vista using Videowave and then MyDVD my work was in widescreen. Thanks for your reply. I will try a clean uninstall and install of my EMC10. Or, should I go to Creator 2010?

P.S - both laptop and desktop doing same. Open Videowave, cannot choose widescreen (16:9) from welcome screen.

P.S - both laptop and desktop doing same. Open Videowave, cannot choose widescreen (16:9) from welcome screen.

What can't you choose?

If the mouse cannot select but you can arrow up and down and use Enter to select it indicates you do not have enough video card/chip to run the program… That may work but it will only lead you to more and more problems.

As far as repair, have you inserted the disc and attempted to run the install? (it will find the existing program and offer to Repair)

If these don't work, your only solution will be the Clean Install!

Archived