• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems with playing dvd once burnt

lockca

Question

Hi,

I am trying to convert home videos for my brother of his kids.

I am capturing them through a tv tuner card (Asus My Cinema-P7131). My computer is a HP Pavilion Media Center Edition. Intel Pentium 3.06GHZ, 512MB of Ram, 200GB of hard drive. I am also using EMC 8 Suite.

I don't have any problem with the programs I am using. My problem is after they are burnt.

They work fine in my dvd player. My brother has the same identical dvd player as I do but when I try to play them in his dvd player the menu comes up with the music playing fine but when you click on play the movie the movie will play but with no sound. They also plays fine on his sons portable dvd player.

My dvd player is hooked to a regular tv but my brothers is hooked up to a big screen theatre system. I was wondering if the problem would have anything to do with composite or s-video? I am thinking that where I am capturing through composite and his tv maybe be hooked with s-video. Hopefully, someone can tell me what the problem would be or what I am doing wrong.

Also, what do you recommend to capture through composite or s-video?

11 answers to this question

You are doing nothing wrong. Your brother has a problem with his player/hook up. Svideo and composite have nothing to do with audio. Since the audio is there, as shown by the other players, he needs to do some fixing.

It is good of you to make the DVDs but now he needs to do something. Do commercial DVDs or other home burned DVDs work? Seems like this is a TV problem that he may want to take up with the people he got the big screen from.

Or - make sure he has the volume turned up; it could be different in the menu from the movies (but I doubt it.)

Hi, I am trying to convert home videos for my brother of his kids. I am capturing them through a tv tuner card (Asus My Cinema-P7131). My computer is a HP Pavilion Media Center Edition. Intel Pentium 3.06GHZ, 512MB of Ram, 200GB of hard drive. I am also using EMC 8 Suite.I don't have any problem with the programs I am using. My problem is after they are burnt. They work fine in my dvd player. My brother has the same identical dvd player as I do but when I try to play them in his dvd player the menu comes up with the music playing fine but when you click on play the movie the movie will play but with no sound. They also plays fine on his sons portable dvd player.

My dvd player is hooked to a regular tv but my brothers is hooked up to a big screen theatre system. I was wondering if the problem would have anything to do with composite or s-video? I am thinking that where I am capturing through composite and his tv maybe be hooked with s-video. Hopefully, someone can tell me what the problem would be or what I am doing wrong.

Hi,

I am trying to convert home videos for my brother of his kids.

I am capturing them through a tv tuner card (Asus My Cinema-P7131). My computer is a HP Pavilion Media Center Edition. Intel Pentium 3.06GHZ, 512MB of Ram, 200GB of hard drive. I am also using EMC 8 Suite.

I don't have any problem with the programs I am using. My problem is after they are burnt.

They work fine in my dvd player. My brother has the same identical dvd player as I do but when I try to play them in his dvd player the menu comes up with the music playing fine but when you click on play the movie the movie will play but with no sound. They also plays fine on his sons portable dvd player.

If the DVD plays fine on your player and his son's player then the problem is with you brother's DVD player or hookup. Can he play other DVDs with his setup? Capturing has nothing to do with the problem

All other DVD's plays fine on the dvd player. So would it still be the way it is hooked up or would it have something to do when I capture it shows channel 4?

The problem has nothing to do with capturing!!! You can create the DVD and paly it on 2 different players so there is nothing wrong with the video.

The problem is between the DVD and your brothers player. Even though the players mabe the same make/model as yours it obviously is more "sensitive" to the DVD disc. You could try burning to another make of DVD.

Check the audio signal format usually by pressing the audio repeatedly during playback on his DVD player. Check his audio setup settings compared to your players audio setup. If he is connected to a amplifier ( receiver ) from the DVD set top player, his audio output signal settings might have to be changed to play your captured audio.

I don't think its a disc quality problem, since it plays in two other players. You could check that in DVD Info Pro, crc read error test and pie, pif test.

cdanteek

I don't think its a disc quality problem, since it plays in two other players. You could check that in DVD Info Pro, crc read error test and pie, pif test.

cdanteek

Not trying to argue, but that is exactly why I think it is media. If it were DVD player issue, then other DVDs wouldnt play audio either. Some DVD players like certain media and others simply don't. I have even seen this behavior with various models of the same DVD player and I think that is exactly what the user is seeing IMHO.

Not trying to argue, but Some DVD players like certain media and others simply don't.

I ran into this once trying to play disc's I burned. It was the same player I owned a JVC XV-FA95, they worked on mine fine but not his.

It would play a bought or rented pressed disc and some Ritek G04's he burned after a long spin up load time. Got worse and worse. This player would never play a Taiyo Yuden I burned and Verbatim half the time. He blamed my new puter my drives the media you name it. I told him take the cover off and q-tip the laser with isopropyl alcohol or distilled water. Wouldn't do it until his wife came home from Best Buy with a new player. Then having nothing to loose he did the above and guess what it reads everything now even all the Taiyo Yuden's it would never before and spin's up fast. It's the same thing Best Buy and other shops would do to clean it.

It's the only player I have seen out of 25 to 30 I have tested my disc's on that wouldn't play a DVD-R and +R bit-setting to DVD-Rom ( exclude -RW + RW some won't play) all others have. This is not the Black Magic people make it out to be, If the disc is authored correct burned correct on good media and PI errors, PI failures , and PO failures are in limit there's other problems.

It is a machine with a laser to read DVD's probably one third of all set top players have the same laser made by the same company.

So I'm Not trying to argue either, but I don't buy the Some DVD players like certain media and others simply don't. Machines don't, like or dislike they function or malfunction. I will buy DVD Burners Firmware support or don't support certain media for a quality burn!

We don't know his problem but if two players play audio and one don't as I suggested above a audio setting on the big screen setup might be the problem.

cdanteek

The problem has nothing to do with capturing!!! You can create the DVD and paly it on 2 different players so there is nothing wrong with the video.

The problem is between the DVD and your brothers player. Even though the players mabe the same make/model as yours it obviously is more "sensitive" to the DVD disc. You could try burning to another make of DVD.

I agree here. I think it is a media issue. Try another brand of recordable discs.

Archived