• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

urgent

LarrySummersKipfer

I assume you have a "Transceiver" as apposed to just a "Transmitter". If it has an out port that you use with your ear phones (1/8") you could plug a 1/8" audio cable from the rig to the line-in port on your sound card. THEN--if you had Roxio's C2010 program there is a program for capturing audio from the line-in on the sound card.

Having the Roxio program (have no idea what Roxio software that Dell installed on your computer ??) that was on the Dell computer, it might not have the same options as the full Roxio program and is most likely a watered down version.

Frank...

It all depends on what you are doing and how to get the audio from the rig

On my FT-857, I use a Signalink USB Audio Codec to transfer PSK output from the rig to the computer via a connector on the back of the rig, but you say you are looking audio (I've never actually tried that so I can't say whether or not that will work).

The headphone jack on a Tx/Rx is monaural - it's possible that your rig is also mono output, so you will need some way to convert the mono to simulated stereo for the Line In socket

How would I record my radio transmitter (shortwave radio) sounds, songs, etcc. into a DVD inserted into a Dell XPS computer with Roxio software. I have a plug with 1/8 measurement at both ends and can insert them in 'listening socket'. Please help me! Urgent.

Sir thank you. It is not a transceiver. It is just a shortwave radio where you can choose among SSB, SW, LW and CW. Just a radio sir. My Roxio is the 2009 version. I bought my DELL XPS last year the warranty of which is only one year and will expire January 2.

Sir, where and how can i record in DVD transmissions on shortwave. Just clarifying sir. The lingo is a little bit incomprehensible to me since I have no knowledge of electricity basics. Thanks.

Sir I do not intend to use a computer. I am just starting with the hobby on a Grundig4000A.

I pressed the wrong reply button sir. Sorry

How about 1/8 plugs which is standard on both ends of the cord to the listening socket of both the radio andn computer then record them using Roxio?

Try first using a connecting lead from the earphone socket to the line in on the back of the computer - check that with the built in windows software (sound recorder or similar).

Once you can capture it, then you can import the .wav files to an audio CD (as standard CD audio files giving 70 minutes per CD) or copy the files stright as data to either CD or DVD

btw, 'SW' amd 'LW' aren't modes- They're Long Wave (LF/Low Frequency) and Short Wave (HF/High Frequency). You should also have MW (Medium Wave) - your receiver should give AM (Amplitude Modulation) and FM (Frequency Modulation) as modes as well as SSB and CW. Most short wave transmissions are in AM.

Generally you refer to any receiver in terms of it's frequency coverage - My FT-857 is usually called '0-30' (that's the frequency in MHz (Megahertz) - that covers all bands from VLF (very low frequency) right up to 10 metres continous tuning (it also has 6 metre, 2 metre and 70 cM capability but that's another matter)

I just checked the specification for that rig and it has a stereo headphone socket (for receiving FM stereo broadcasts) so a standard 3.5 mm stereo patch lead should work just fine - experiment with volume levels first until you get the right setting - one with no clipping or overloading

"Sir I do not intend to use a computer. I am just starting with the hobby on a Grundig4000A"

Not sure if I understand yet what you are trying to do.?? If you are not going to use a computer, how do you intend to make a DVD ??? You are talking about your Dell computer and the Roxio program it has installed on it, so how are you using the short wave receiver with the computer ?? I'd forget all the technical information and just try and use a 1/8" audio cable from the short wave receiver headphone output to the line in port in your sound card (that's assuming you have a line-in port on a dedicated sound card or the mother board has a sound chip and outputs for various needs)

Then check on your Roxio program to see if you have the program that can capture from the line in on the sound card.

Frank...

Archived