HiDef 1440x1080i will not import with EMC 2010 Pro

OldJack

Question

Roxio Creator 2010 Pro, running on factory installed Windows 7 Pro, new HP Pavilion dv8 intel core i7, Nvidia Geforce with Cuda, and with BD-RE Drive, camcorder Sony HVR-Z1U connected by firewire/ilink with ilink set for HDV, ilink conv set to "OFF" so HDV is output rather than standard DV.

Roxio Media Import screen, Video tab, with device "Sony HVR-Z1U" selected will not recognize high def camera set for 1440x1080. Windows 7 update searched internet and says the HVR-Z1U is latest driver.

I can bring in tape video from Standard Definition but not High Definition. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

13 answers to this question

I am not sure that Roxio is the problem. It may be Windows 7 not working fully with the 1394 card/chip set. I have tried to use Windows Live Movie Maker, Nero 9.0 and Roxio Premier 10 on Windows 7 and none of them worked. On my 10 year old XP system, I was able to download HD video but loses frames because my computer is too slow. With my current computer running Windows 7 with a micro which is 10 times faster, and a high speed FSB many times faster than my old computer, I was unable to even start the process (as I get an immediate error).

I've read on other forums that people have been able to download HD video on Windows 7 after getting a 1394 card which has the TI chipset. Hope this helps, and hopefully whatever the causes the problem gets fixed soon. I am off to buy a 1394 Card which has a TI chipset to see whether that solves the problem for me.

December 29, 2009: I tried calling tech support but they say they are closed. This is not a holiday! Some customer support from Roxio!!

Anyway, I have finally gotten Roxio 2010 Pro to read my camera Hi-def tape. But only after 8 seconds. Regardless of what tape I play Roxio will not read at 1080 the first 8 seconds or read it by the "Capture Entire Tape" button. After aborting at 8:12 seconds, I can then use the "Capture Now" button and capture the balance of the MiniDV tape at 1440x1080.

All my prior posts was because Roxio would not play HDV with either button and gave setup errors when the device was first selected.

My Sony HVR-Z1U camcorder is a pro camera costing around $5,000. If Roxio can't capture HDV MiniDV tape what use is Roxio to me and the many, many, other broadcast and documentary users of the camera? Does Roxio tech support ever read from this discussion group postings?

December 29, 2009: I tried calling tech support but they say they are closed. This is not a holiday! Some customer support from Roxio!!

Anyway, I have finally gotten Roxio 2010 Pro to read my camera Hi-def tape. But only after 8 seconds. Regardless of what tape I play Roxio will not read at 1080 the first 8 seconds or read it by the "Capture Entire Tape" button. After aborting at 8:12 seconds, I can then use the "Capture Now" button and capture the balance of the MiniDV tape at 1440x1080.

All my prior posts was because Roxio would not play HDV with either button and gave setup errors when the device was first selected.

My Sony HVR-Z1U camcorder is a pro camera costing around $5,000. If Roxio can't capture HDV MiniDV tape what use is Roxio to me and the many, many, other broadcast and documentary users of the camera? Does Roxio tech support ever read from this discussion group postings?

If you have a $5000 professional camera why would you use a $90 beginners program? :blink:

Does Roxio tech support ever read from this discussion group postings?

Holiday for others is not necessarily holiday for you and vice-versa.

This is a discussion forum for users of Roxio software, not Roxio technical support.

The phone # is working right now 3:31pm EST.

If you have a $5000 professional camera why would you use a $90 beginners program? :blink:

Because I have been using Roxio for years and do not want to go thru a learning curve. Why would I NOT want Roxio? Is it NOT a good program? What has price got to do with anything? What can another program do that Roxio cannot?

What program would you suggest that I use?

For years I have been creating entertainment DVD's that are 1 hour plus in standard definition edited from 2 camera's with the 2nd tape as an overlay. I now have Blu-ray and want to work in HDV. Roxio 2010 Pro advertises HDV creation but so far I have not been able to do that with the program.

Holiday for others is not necessarily holiday for you and vice-versa.

This is a discussion forum for users of Roxio software, not Roxio technical support.

I was aware that this is a discussion forum only. Sorry for expressing my frustration with Roxio.

Roxio Creator 2010 Pro, running on factory installed Windows 7 Pro, new HP Pavilion dv8 intel core i7, Nvidia Geforce with Cuda, and with BD-RE Drive, camcorder Sony HVR-Z1U connected by firewire/ilink with ilink set for HDV, ilink conv set to "OFF" so HDV is output rather than standard DV.

Roxio Media Import screen, Video tab, with device "Sony HVR-Z1U" selected will not recognize high def camera set for 1440x1080. Windows 7 update searched internet and says the HVR-Z1U is latest driver.

I can bring in tape video from Standard Definition but not High Definition. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try this... http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000238CR

cd

>>Camcorder Must be in PLAY mode?<<

Camcorder is in play mode and will play with firewire set for Hi-def download. It will play and Roxio import in standard DV mode by RMC 2010 pro, but Roxio will not import Hi-Def mode. The device driver for hi-def is "HVR-Z1U" at 1440x1080. Import screen says it cannot setup for HDV and shows status:error.

Camcorder is a HDV recorder on MiniDV tape recording at 1080i with a download converter to standard DV format if you turn the ilink download converter to the on state. If the download converter is turned off it downloads at HDV 1080i on the firewire. That is the setting I am trying to import. Roxio must be recognizing HDV or it would not use the device driver "HVR-Z1U" that is only for HDV. Standard DV device driver is "Sony DV".

Can you capture with Windows Movie Maker? I downloaded movie maker 2.6 but it appears to only want to import from a computer folder and does not recognize camcorder on firewire.

>>Camcorder Must be in PLAY mode?<<

Camcorder is in play mode and will play with firewire set for Hi-def download. It will play and Roxio import in standard DV mode by RMC 2010 pro, but Roxio will not import Hi-Def mode. The device driver for hi-def is "HVR-Z1U" at 1440x1080. Import screen says it cannot setup for HDV and shows status:error.

Camcorder is a HDV recorder on MiniDV tape recording at 1080i with a download converter to standard DV format if you turn the ilink download converter to the on state. If the download converter is turned off it downloads at HDV 1080i on the firewire. That is the setting I am trying to import. Roxio must be recognizing HDV or it would not use the device driver "HVR-Z1U" that is only for HDV. Standard DV device driver is "Sony DV".

Can you capture with Windows Movie Maker? I downloaded movie maker 2.6 but it appears to only want to import from a computer folder and does not recognize camcorder on firewire.

Don't know what to suggest at this point???

My HD does not have a Firewire so I cannot really test/try any of this

Maybe give Roxio a call (1-877-769-4601)

I am very curious, so keep me informed.

Archived