• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ECDC v.5 will not open

reedheil

Quick question. One of my older computers came with Roxy Easy CD Creator 5 and I was burning a few CDs the other day and received the following message: Engine initialization has failed: (could not load CRD4)

Anyone ever run into anything similiar?

Thank you,

Reed

Try this http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/mserr/cdr4_7.html

• 1 month later...

I have a Windows XP system I have been running ECDC 5 for a few years on a Windows XP system with Internet Explorer v6 and WinMedia v9. Nero 7 Ultra edition has also been installed for quite some time.

ECDC stopped working suddenly and an error message pops up "Easy CD Creator Engine Initialization has failed (could not load CDR4). I went to the Roxio site to download the Cdr4 driver and recieved the message, "Your current version of Cdr4 drivers are up to date."

I have unistalled and reinstalled ECDC 5 several times. After each uninstall I have gone into the Registry and removed all entries related to Adaptec before rebooting.

I have installed Roxio Patch 5.3.5.10 after each re-install prior to rebooting.

I have a Windows XP system I have been running ECDC 5 for a few years on a Windows XP system with Internet Explorer v6 and WinMedia v9. Nero 7 Ultra edition has also been installed for quite some time.

ECDC stopped working suddenly and an error message pops up "Easy CD Creator Engine Initialization has failed (could not load CDR4). I went to the Roxio site to download the Cdr4 driver and recieved the message, "Your current version of Cdr4 drivers are up to date."

I have unistalled and reinstalled ECDC 5 several times. After each uninstall I have gone into the Registry and removed all entries related to Adaptec before rebooting.

I have installed Roxio Patch 5.3.5.10 after each re-install prior to rebooting.

You are 100% sure that you are running IE 6 and WMP 9?. No Windows updates installed(no SP3).

How did you uninstall/re-install?

Edit

A couple of other programs that can cause problems with ECDC 5 - MusicMatch & JukeBox.

Edited by ogdens