Converting digital copy

snafu169

Question

I have a DVD which came with a digital copy, it specifically lets me make a PC copy and a "portable" copy...which I would assume lets me copy to a Phone or video type player...problem is roxio hides it because of the DRM licencing? Is there something I need to do to make Roxio see the license?

The file is currently a Windows .wmv and the only other choice is Itunes, and the I need to get it into .3gp type.

Thanks

Ziggy

11 answers to this question

I have a DVD which came with a digital copy, it specifically lets me make a PC copy and a "portable" copy...which I would assume lets me copy to a Phone or video type player...problem is roxio hides it because of the DRM licencing? Is there something I need to do to make Roxio see the license?

The file is currently a Windows .wmv and the only other choice is Itunes, and the I need to get it into .3gp type.

Thanks

Ziggy

Roxio will not make copies of DRM protected media.

Thanks

Ziggy

What instructions come with the digital copy disc?

What is the name of the disc and where did you buy it?

cd

What instructions come with the digital copy disc?

What is the name of the disc and where did you buy it?

cd

It's a Harry Potter Movie, like this one ( except not BLU Ray)

I understand why they want to control it, and I gather that the Digital copy licencing is managed with Itunes or WMP to ensure extra copies aren't synced to other devices (more than one)....I just thought I'd be able to convert it...but based on what I just noted above, there would be no way to control the copies....but if I am able to sync 5 ( for example) different Ipods with the same movie then it makes no sense.

It's a Harry Potter Movie, like this one ( except not BLU Ray)

I understand why they want to control it, and I gather that the Digital copy licencing is managed with Itunes or WMP to ensure extra copies aren't synced to other devices (more than one)....I just thought I'd be able to convert it...but based on what I just noted above, there would be no way to control the copies....but if I am able to sync 5 ( for example) different Ipods with the same movie then it makes no sense.

Yes, but if you read the fine print, sync to 5 different Ipods would be illegal and that would make it a crime...

cd

Thanks

Ziggy

iTunes won't let you do anything with the digital copy, either. I tried getting one on an iPod Touch, and iTunes won't sync it. I went through the iTunes route, so the file ends up being a .m4v file.

Hopefully, someone will drop in and tell us that it can be done, because I don't think the Digital Copy is worth the disc it came on.

Yes, but if you read the fine print, sync to 5 different Ipods would be illegal and that would make it a crime...

cd

The problem is, is it won't let you sync to one iPod. Have you tried it?

iTunes won't let you do anything with the digital copy, either. I tried getting one on an iPod Touch, and iTunes won't sync it. I went through the iTunes route, so the file ends up being a .m4v file.

Hopefully, someone will drop in and tell us that it can be done, because I don't think the Digital Copy is worth the disc it came on.

The problem is, is it won't let you sync to one iPod. Have you tried it?

I won't buy into Apple and rent what I own.

I've read...

"You pop the Digital Copy disc into your DVD drive. Next, you click on the Activate button and type in the 12- or 16-digit activation code. Your computer will then authorize the use of the copy on that PC with that particular copy of iTunes."

Don't you get any instructions with this Digital Copy disc?

cd

I won't buy into Apple and rent what I own.

I've read...

"You pop the Digital Copy disc into your DVD drive. Next, you click on the Activate button and type in the 12- or 16-digit activation code. Your computer will then authorize the use of the copy on that PC with that particular copy of iTunes."

Don't you get any instructions with this Digital Copy disc?

cd

What you read is not correct. There may be differences in different digital copies, but I don't think so.

I have at least one other BD movie, that came with a Digital Copy, so I will look at that tomorrow.

What you read is not correct. There may be differences in different digital copies, but I don't think so.

I have at least one other BD movie, that came with a Digital Copy, so I will look at that tomorrow.

If I'm reading bad information, what do YOUR instructions tell you to do, that it won't do?

cd

Will scan it, and post tomorrow. I am watching the end of the game.

Sorry don't want to interrupt the game... :rolleyes:

It isn't as simple as they say it is?

http://www.foxdigitalcopy.com/

http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneyfile/textonly.html

http://www.lionsgatedigitalcopy.com/support/support.html

cd

If I'm reading bad information, what do YOUR instructions tell you to do, that it won't do?

cd

Insert the disc into your PC.

Choose Transfer Digital Copy.

Choose Transfer to iTunes or transfer to Windows Media Player.

If you choose iTunes, the iTunes window will open, and guide you through the transfer.

If you choose Windows, please follow the follow steps below:

Enter serial number and click Next.

Choose the content you want to transfer, and the transfer location, then click Start Sync.

It copies to the computer just fine. It won't sync with the iPod.

Archived