• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Editing a video on the production area

mrvulcan

Question

I just purchased Roxio 2010 pro and a little new to this. I have made a production of videos and pictures and it is 249 min long. There are some areas of the video that are just bad and I want to cut some of the video out. I went into the trim mode but that just gives me a start and end for the video, example my video is 37 min long and I want to cut from 7:00-8:51. I just can't find the how to for this.

Thanks

Brian

5 answers to this question

I just purchased Roxio 2010 pro and a little new to this. I have made a production of videos and pictures and it is 249 min long. There are some areas of the video that are just bad and I want to cut some of the video out. I went into the trim mode but that just gives me a start and end for the video, example my video is 37 min long and I want to cut from 7:00-8:51. I just can't find the how to for this.

Thanks

Brian

Watch this.

Brian, unless you are going to burn it to a blu-ray DVD, please remember that you can get about 2 hours (120) minutes on a DL DVD at best quality. More time but at at a much reduced quality. If you try to get 249 minutes on a DL DVD, it will be unwatchable. Who is going to still still to watch a 4 hour video? Break it up into several separate projects.

You might have been able to put that much on a DVD but Roxio has dropped support for DivX or XVid so that is not longer and option. You may be able to find a third party application to work with DivX or XVid. Your DVD player would have to support it though.

Watch this.

Brian, unless you are going to burn it to a blu-ray DVD, please remember that you can get about 2 hours (120) minutes on a DL DVD at best quality. More time but at at a much reduced quality. If you try to get 249 minutes on a DL DVD, it will be unwatchable. Who is going to still still to watch a 4 hour video? Break it up into several separate projects.

You might have been able to put that much on a DVD but Roxio has dropped support for DivX or XVid so that is not longer and option. You may be able to find a third party application to work with DivX or XVid. Your DVD player would have to support it though.

WOW I just put my file on my hard drive to see how big it was and it is 32.14. So you are right and now I have a question. How do I break this file up to 3 or 4 sections. I was going to put them on a DL dvd+R disk. Probably big because I also put my own background music. Thanks for any advice. Also how can I just cut out some bad areas on a lot os sections of the video.

Enjoy

Brian

WOW I just put my file on my hard drive to see how big it was and it is 32.14. So you are right and now I have a question. How do I break this file up to 3 or 4 sections. I was going to put them on a DL dvd+R disk. Probably big because I also put my own background music. Thanks for any advice. Also how can I just cut out some bad areas on a lot os sections of the video.

Enjoy

Brian

Great Video, now I know how to cut an area out, Thanks

Enjoy

Brian

Great Video, now I know how to cut an area out, Thanks

Well still having problems. Watched and did exaxtly like the video and on my second split click I get this error message" The selected item cannot be split at this position because one or both of the resulting items would be to small. I was cutting out 1:58. Looks like the problems are geting bigger. The video made it so simple. My production file is saved, could that be the problem?

Thanks again

Well still having problems. Watched and did exaxtly like the video and on my second split click I get this error message" The selected item cannot be split at this position because one or both of the resulting items would be to small. I was cutting out 1:58. Looks like the problems are geting bigger. The video made it so simple. My production file is saved, could that be the problem?

Thanks again

Make sure you have selected the portion of the video where you want to split it. It should have a dotted line around it. Then do the split.

Make sure you have selected the portion of the video where you want to split it. It should have a dotted line around it. Then do the split.

I even opened a new production and the same error. I did click in the blue video area and it was highlighted with the dashes. Kinda lost on this. But I am going to make 4 video productions now and that should solve the length. Is there anyway to see the size of thew file in GB without saving the video file to my video folder? I been working on this for 4 days adding the videos, pictures and a BACKGROUND AND IT WAS 2: 49 AND i WAS GOING TO TRIM IT DOWN TO 2:20 so it would fit on one dvd dl, well as you said thats not the case.

glad I have time to do this

Thanks again

Brian

Archived