• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

internal software error line 125-2

RobertJ

Question

Anybody get this error?

internal software error:.\win\Primo\primo_command.cpp, line 125 -2

I get it periodically, then the program crashes. When I reinstall it occurs again when it starts to load assets. every now and then i can reinstall using an older version of 6.3 and then running a patch to a newer version of 6.3 and it works for a little while.

Needless to say, I have tried "technical support" and got neither of those words in response.

9 answers to this question

DVDit crashes at the loading assets stage when I try to run the program.

It will not launch properly unless I disable both dvd drives then it will open with no problem. If I enable the drive(s) after a successful launch of Sonic and then try burning a dvd, the program crashs and I get this message, internal software error: \win\primo\primo-command.cpp, line 125-2. Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution.

I hadn't thought of that - I one by one uninstalled other video/dvd programs to no avail. After your suggestion, I did a search and the only place primo shows up in my computer is in the DVDit ProHD folder. There is a primosdk.dll in the folder

Ok, the reason to ask, is that there is a pdf converter with that name.

You are correct in that there is an primosdk dll into the Roxio folder and if you open up the logfile named sonic.log you can see that primo seems to be the engine.

Going back to your first post, I have no primo folder in my windows library.

I don´t understand anything about Douglas comment so I leave that one uncommented, maybe he has some contructive problem solution for 6,3

Ok, the reason to ask, is that there is a pdf converter with that name.

You are correct in that there is an primosdk dll into the Roxio folder and if you open up the logfile named sonic.log you can see that primo seems to be the engine.

Going back to your first post, I have no primo folder in my windows library.

I don´t understand anything about Douglas comment so I leave that one uncommented, maybe he has some contructive problem solution for 6,3

I finally got a reasonable response from technical support and they suggested I try to run it on a separate user account. It appears I seem to be the only one with this particular issue. I was hoping I was not alone and someone knew of a direct solution.

One of the tech support responses was to buy 6.4. I would certainly do that if I knew for sure it fixed the issues.....

Is that " primo " maybe another application that isn´t compliant with DVDit Pro HD, do a search for such an app on your system and uninstall it

I hadn't thought of that - I one by one uninstalled other video/dvd programs to no avail. After your suggestion, I did a search and the only place primo shows up in my computer is in the DVDit ProHD folder. There is a primosdk.dll in the folder

You are using XP as OS I suppose as you are on 6,3 , for editing stations, I always recommend users to be logged in as system administrators

I am using Vista and I am logged on as administrator. I currently have no other user accounts on this computer. It is a dedicated video computer. I have a separate XP computer for home use and a separate Win7 laptop for work.

I actually have two versions of 6.3 - I was given a patch once (not the newest patch that was made). My older version of 6.3 will not run on Vista, and the newer one is the one that crashes repeatedly.

Is 6.4 stable and worth the upgrade price? I am just a little afraid to throw $200 at a problem for a wrong solution.

Archived