• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Text on Story Line Panel

Grastone

Question

Using Creator 7 slide show creator, I recently put the title up on the first story panel, by clicking on the panel and then the text button on the tool bar. This opened up the choice of fonts, which when selected opened a text box, with all the subsequent attributes to complete the task. However when I repeat the procedure on other panels, I am only able to reach the the choice of font stage. After clicking on the required font, the text box fails to materialise. It did cross my mind that the programme may have been corrupted, so I reinstalled it but it doesn't make any difference. Although I succeeded the first time, being a new user, I've come to the conclusion that it was more by luck than management. Any ideas out there?

9 answers to this question

Sorry, I meant to place a link in my earlier post. Here is how to do it (thanks karri).

This is just in case you were rteally able to use EMC 7 with the updated versions of IE and WMP (but I doubt it).

Many thanks for your help, and thanks for the tutorial link, it makes me realise how many extra feature EMC10 is running. However the good news is, that instead of going through the change and repair function from the control panel regarding the existing EMC7 programme, I uninstalled it altogether and reinstalled it from scratch. This seems to have done the trick.

Now after selecting the appropriate SB panel and the chosen text font frame, it's possible to click and drag the font onto the SB panel, which opens up the working text box. You can then work as normal, any procedure performed in the TB is transferred to the SB panel, along with any extra entry and exit effects that may be applied. Despite the obvious disparency between IE8 and earlier media creators, in this case I seem to have got over it with a complete reinstallation of the old programme.

Thanks again to you guys for your comments, it's good to know that you are interested enough to help a frustrated 'struggler' in the UK.

All the very best for 2010. Graham (Grastone)

Using Creator 7 slide show creator, I recently put the title up on the first story panel, by clicking on the panel and then the text button on the tool bar. This opened up the choice of fonts, which when selected opened a text box, with all the subsequent attributes to complete the task. However when I repeat the procedure on other panels, I am only able to reach the the choice of font stage. After clicking on the required font, the text box fails to materialise. It did cross my mind that the programme may have been corrupted, so I reinstalled it but it doesn't make any difference. Although I succeeded the first time, being a new user, I've come to the conclusion that it was more by luck than management. Any ideas out there?

Do you really have Easy Media Creator 7; that is a very old version of the program. What OS are you running.

If you have updated Internet Explorer and/or Windows Media Player, that broke the installation. You have to roll those back to earlier versions.

This is for a later version but the process is similar. Are you doing this or similar?

Do you really have Easy Media Creator 7; that is a very old version of the program. What OS are you running.

If you have updated Internet Explorer and/or Windows Media Player, that broke the installation. You have to roll those back to earlier versions.

This is for a later version but the process is similar. Are you doing this or similar?

I am running Windows XP and have been using the creator 7 without any problems. This is the first time I've tried inserting text onto a slide show image. The fact that I completed the title page, but didn't manage to do the same on any subsequent images is frustrating. Perhaps you would run through the sequence procedure from: click on the story board panel, click on the text button, select the text font required....?

Sknis already mentioned IE and Windows Media Player above. What versions of IE and Windows Media Player do you have on your system? Did you update either or both since the last time you sucessfully used Creator 7?

I'm using IE 8, the WMP is part of the original package that came with XP, it's labeled "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1.

There have been no recent updates, in fact after I put text on one image, two minutes later I couldn't make it work on any subsequent images in the same story line?.

Was IE8 the browser in place when Creator 7 was still working? If not, what version of IE was installed prior to IE8?

Yes IE8 has been installed since it was available and Creator 7 has been ok. But as mentioned earlier, I have only attempted inserting text onto story line images recently, and after successfully 'following my nose' for the first one, I don't seem to be able to replicate it. This is probably down to operational error on my part. My original reason for starting this thread, was to gain first-hand information on how to go about it, as my on-line tutorial doesn't seem to mention it?

Yes IE8 has been installed since it was available and Creator 7 has been ok. But as mentioned earlier, I have only attempted inserting text onto story line images recently, and after successfully 'following my nose' for the first one, I don't seem to be able to replicate it. This is probably down to operational error on my part. My original reason for starting this thread, was to gain first-hand information on how to go about it, as my on-line tutorial doesn't seem to mention it?

Plain and simple. IE 8 kills EMC 7, as does any Windows Media Player above WMP 9.

You may get some programs to partially work, but they aren't going to work the way they were intended to. You won't be able to see anything that you bring into DVD Builder.

Archived