Need help w/getting files from .roxio backup

mc0624

I was at a clients and used her computer to burn some files to a cd. It was just whatever software came with her computer - I'm assuming it was an easy copy/burn version. Now when I'm back on my computer, that does not have roxio software, I am unable to get the files off the cd.

The file on the cd has an extension ".roxio" .....can anyone tell me how to get the files off the cd? I don't really want to purchase software and am wondering if there is a quick way to extract them.

Thanks

Michelle

I was at a clients and used her computer to burn some files to a cd. It was just whatever software came with her computer - I'm assuming it was an easy copy/burn version. Now when I'm back on my computer, that does not have roxio software, I am unable to get the files off the cd.

The file on the cd has an extension ".roxio" .....can anyone tell me how to get the files off the cd? I don't really want to purchase software and am wondering if there is a quick way to extract them.

Thanks

Michelle

Anything will cost you some $$$. Call the client and ask her to use Creator Classic to burn a data disc.

Thanks

Michelle

That doesn't sound familiar to me. Can you give us any more details of the process you used to put the files on the CD? Did you have to open a program and add files to it, then tell it to burn the CD? Did you just drag-and-drop files onto the CD icon? Any idea what version? Or at least what version of Windows your client was running?

A quick search makes it look like the .roxio file extension would be a Roxio project file, which is, the information about what files you actually wanted to write to your CD, but not the files themselves. That is, you created a project in Roxio (maybe Creator 2009?) saying which files you wanted to burn to CD, then saved that, and somehow wrote the project file, not the real files onto your CD.

So, any more information you can give us will help, but I suspect the files you want are still on your client's computer.

I did have to open a program and add the files to it....not a drag and drop deal. No idea what version but I'm pretty sure it was a version that just came with her computer. She's not one to actually purchase software like this and then load it. I'm not certain which version of windows....it is either XP or Vista.

It was interesting because after I completed the burn, I went back in thru my computer to verify the files were there. Everything looked good so I went on my way. But now on my machine I don't see them...just the .roxio file.

That doesn't sound familiar to me. Can you give us any more details of the process you used to put the files on the CD? Did you have to open a program and add files to it, then tell it to burn the CD? Did you just drag-and-drop files onto the CD icon? Any idea what version? Or at least what version of Windows your client was running?

A quick search makes it look like the .roxio file extension would be a Roxio project file, which is, the information about what files you actually wanted to write to your CD, but not the files themselves. That is, you created a project in Roxio (maybe Creator 2009?) saying which files you wanted to burn to CD, then saved that, and somehow wrote the project file, not the real files onto your CD.

So, any more information you can give us will help, but I suspect the files you want are still on your client's computer.

Archived