"no signal" but, anyway, I do have the problem

james.birrell

Question

Not sure why this thread is titled "no signal" but, anyway, I do have the problem that, although I'm sure I have the VCR connected properly to the Capture Device, and I have the visual image on screen in the "Capture Video" window, and the sound thru the laptop speakers, I have "no signal" in red lettering and the "capture video" button greyed out.

There was a longer thread on this in the forum before xmas but I can no longer find it... The search function is producing an error message.

James

3 answers to this question

I'm not going to be able to try this out till I'm next united with my VCR in May or June but it should not be necessary to go through this lengthy rigmarole before installing the software. You've quoted 11 minutes for installation but you've not included the time to run disk clean-up, defragment and carry out the other procedures you mention! If all this is necessary, why don't the installation instructions say so? If it doesn't work first time after re-installing I'll be looking to return the product.

James

I'm not going to be able to try this out till I'm next united with my VCR in May or June but it should not be necessary to go through this lengthy rigmarole before installing the software. You've quoted 11 minutes for installation but you've not included the time to run disk clean-up, defragment and carry out the other procedures you mention! If all this is necessary, why don't the installation instructions say so? If it doesn't work first time after re-installing I'll be looking to return the product.

James

Maintaining your computer is part of Computers 101. Installation instructions won't tell you that.

The time it takes for disc clean-up and defragging a hard drive depends on how large the hard drive is and how badly fragmented it is.

Even when a computer is well maintained, there can be problems with an install of whatever software. Nothing with computers, is for certain, unfortunately.

Not sure why this thread is titled "no signal" but, anyway, I do have the problem that, although I'm sure I have the VCR connected properly to the Capture Device, and I have the visual image on screen in the "Capture Video" window, and the sound thru the laptop speakers, I have "no signal" in red lettering and the "capture video" button greyed out.

There was a longer thread on this in the forum before xmas but I can no longer find it... The search function is producing an error message.

James

Look through this post matching yours to it...

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=49170

cd

Archived