burn multiple photoshows?

HelloIlovemovies

Question

I have just purchased Roxio PhotoShow 6, and I see where you're given the option of creating photoshows and then burning them onto a dvd yourself. But so far I've only been able to burn one photoshow onto one dvd, and then as soon as it was finished burning, it automatically stopped and popped the dvd back out. (That was a DVD-R.) Isn't there a way to burn more photoshows on each dvd? I bought some more blank DVDs, so now I have both DVD-R and DVD-RW. But if I use the DVD-RW, how do I put multiple photoshows on there and burn a second or a third photoshow onto the same DVD without recording over the photoshow that was already on there? What would I need to do to be able to burn multiple photoshows onto a single dvd myself at home? And can it be done with the DVD-R also? I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I have just purchased Roxio PhotoShow 6, and I see where you're given the option of creating photoshows and then burning them onto a dvd yourself. But so far I've only been able to burn one photoshow onto one dvd, and then as soon as it was finished burning, it automatically stopped and popped the dvd back out. (That was a DVD-R.) Isn't there a way to burn more photoshows on each dvd? I bought some more blank DVDs, so now I have both DVD-R and DVD-RW. But if I use the DVD-RW, how do I put multiple photoshows on there and burn a second or a third photoshow onto the same DVD without recording over the photoshow that was already on there? What would I need to do to be able to burn multiple photoshows onto a single dvd myself at home? And can it be done with the DVD-R also? I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

You can burn multiple shows to any flavor of DVD you want provided you have software to do it and you understand the differences.

You can take multiple shows and burn as data until your DVD is full but these will only play on your PC. If you want to burn multiple shows to play on a settop DVD Player, you'll need a DVD Author software. It puts it into the proper DVD-Video format..

For ten or twenty bucks difference I wouldn't buy the MyDVD® 10 Premier software. Somewhere down the road you'll end up short on software again, won't do what you need it to do! Buy the full Creator 2010 Suite or Pro version...

cd

Skinis and Cdanteek, thanks for responding so fast. So, what you're saying is that I cannot burn multiple photoshows onto a single DVD using just the Roxio PhotoShow 6 that I purchased. You're saying that I need to have some additional software like Roxio Creator or something like that, if I want multiple shows on one dvd that I can play in my dvd player. Bummer. I also contacted tech support and they emailed me back and they also stated that I cannot combine multiple photoshows onto a single dvd with just the Roxio PhotoShow 6. They say i would need additional software to do that. However, according to them I SHOULD be able to burn a single photoshow onto a dvd that I can play in my DVD player (but they didn't tell me how). And let me say something else too -- i appreciate your taking the time to respond and try to help me out. I really do. But I am SO frustrated (with Roxio I mean). Because the funny thing is, before I went ahead and purchased the roxio photoshow 6, I was trying out a 7-day free trial version of it. And during the FREE TRIAL, I was able to create a really nice photoshow with video clips and music, and I was even able to save it onto my computer (but, of course since it was only a free trial, at first I wasn't able to burn a dvd of it or anything). The way it worked was, You know how they have those tabs at the top that say "Edit/ Watch / Share"? Well (during the free trial) when I clicked on "Share," then a new screen would come up that offered me 6 different options: 1. "Post to My Member Page", 2. "Post and Email", 3. "Post and Link", 4. "Export Video File," 5."Burn PhotoShow Disc" and 6. "Order DVD". Except since I was only in a FREE trial at the time, if I tried to click on any of those options, they didn't work, and then a new pop-up box would pop up saying something like, "Are you ready to upgrade now and order the service for just $39.99 a year? Purchase a Premium Membership Now." You know? So anyway, I liked the photoshow and the features so much that on the last day, i decided to go ahead and pay the $39.99 and order a Premium Membership. So once I paid the money, then those "Share" links actually worked. I clicked on "Burn PhotoShow Disc" and I was able to burn some homemade dvds of my photoshow and they even played in my dvd player. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT (when I only had that FREE TRIAL membership) THAT WAS THE LAST AND ONLY TIME THAT I WAS ABLE TO BURN MY PHOTOSHOWS TO DVD. :angry::blink: NOW THAT I HAVE A $39.99 PAID-FOR PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP and a member page and everything, and now that I've created several more photoshows right there on my brand new Roxio member page -- I can watch my photoshows, but WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OPTION TO BURN THEM ONTO DVDs? It's gone! :angry: When I click on "Share", now the only options I see are: 1. "Email to Friends and Family," 2."Post on your web page or blog", 3."Get it on video DVD"(if you PAY $29.99), or 4."Broadcast to cable tv". But the "BURN PHOTOSHOW DISC" and "Export Video File" options are GONE. What's going on? I went back to the Roxio.com site and was looking at their sales and marketing, and THEY'RE STILL ADVERTISING THAT ONE OF THE BENEFITS OF PHOTOSHOW 6 IS THAT YOU CAN BURN YOUR PHOTOSHOWS ONTO DVD yourself, and it DOESN'T say that you HAVE to buy additional software in order to do that. BUT AS FOR THAT ONE PHOTOSHOW THAT I CREATED WHEN I HAD MY FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP, it's still there on my computer (If I click "Start", then "Documents," then "MyPhotoShows", and then I see a thing with a camera icon and the name of my photoshow. So then when i click on it, it takes me to a big (mostly blank and plain-looking) screen that says "Roxio PhotoShow" at the top, and then in the upper left corner, it also says "My PhotoShows', but it only has one photoshow there, and there's a little box with the name of my photoshow under it, and if I mouse over the box, it says, "Edit/Watch/Share." And even now, if i click on "share" (BUT ONLY FOR THIS ONE SINGLE PHOTOSHOW THAT I CREATED DURING MY FREE TRIAL) it offers me 6 different options for sharing it, and one of them is "BURN PHOTOSHOW TO DISC". But like I said, this only happens with this ONE single photoshow that I created during my free trial. So I'm only allowed to burn a dvd of the one solitary photoshow that I created during my FREE TRIAL? It's almost like the service works better during the free trial then it does once you pay for it. :huh: And unfortunately, dealing with tech support has been very frustrating. I email them my question and problem, and they respond but not really with all of the information I need. Like when they said, Yes you should be able to burn individual photoshows to dvd. BUT THEY DIDN'T SAY HOW. Any ideas?

I just wanted to clarify one thing I said. (Or maybe you knew what i meant anyway), but just to clarify, when I said "THE PROBLEM IS THAT (when I only had that FREE TRIAL membership) THAT WAS THE LAST AND ONLY TIME THAT I WAS ABLE TO BURN MY PHOTOSHOWS TO DVD..." what I meant was -- ONLY with the ONE photoshow that I created during my free trial, that was the only time that "Share" button gave me 6 different options (one of which was "Burn PhotoShow Disc"). I didn't mean that I was able to actually BURN a dvd DURING my free trial. I just meant that, during the free trial, that was when clicking on "share" would bring up "1. "Post to My Member Page", 2. "Post and Email", 3. "Post and Link", 4. "Export Video File," 5."Burn PhotoShow Disc" and 6. "Order DVD"." And then, AFTER I went ahead and paid $39.99, then when I clicked on "share," then ALL 6 of those options would still come up, and then (like I said, after I had paid the $39.99) then I was able to burn that a DVD to disk. And even now, apparently I can still make more copies of JUST THAT ONE PHOTOSHOW, because when I go into "Documents", and click on the show and click on "share", it still gives those 6 options. BUT, why does that only happen with the one photoshow that i created during my free trial? So NOW, as a paid Premium member, I've made several shows on my new official Roxio Member Page, but when I click on "share", NONE of them say you can "Burn PhotoShow Disc". During my free trial, i was lead to believe that the features they showed me during my free trial would be the SAME FEATURES THAT I WOULD GET IF I PAID $39.99 FOR A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP. But that's not what happened. So I really feel misled. (Unless Roxio can explain to me how I can STILL burn my photoshows to dvd disks that will play in my DVD player, myself, just by using the Roxio PhotoShow 6 and no additional software. You know?) Anyone else experience this?

I just wanted to clarify one thing I said. (Or maybe you knew what i meant anyway), but just to clarify, when I said "THE PROBLEM IS THAT (when I only had that FREE TRIAL membership) THAT WAS THE LAST AND ONLY TIME THAT I WAS ABLE TO BURN MY PHOTOSHOWS TO DVD..." what I meant was -- ONLY with the ONE photoshow that I created during my free trial, that was the only time that "Share" button gave me 6 different options (one of which was "Burn PhotoShow Disc"). I didn't mean that I was able to actually BURN a dvd DURING my free trial. I just meant that, during the free trial, that was when clicking on "share" would bring up "1. "Post to My Member Page", 2. "Post and Email", 3. "Post and Link", 4. "Export Video File," 5."Burn PhotoShow Disc" and 6. "Order DVD"." And then, AFTER I went ahead and paid $39.99, then when I clicked on "share," then ALL 6 of those options would still come up, and then (like I said, after I had paid the $39.99) then I was able to burn that a DVD to disk. And even now, apparently I can still make more copies of JUST THAT ONE PHOTOSHOW, because when I go into "Documents", and click on the show and click on "share", it still gives those 6 options. BUT, why does that only happen with the one photoshow that i created during my free trial? So NOW, as a paid Premium member, I've made several shows on my new official Roxio Member Page, but when I click on "share", NONE of them say you can "Burn PhotoShow Disc". During my free trial, i was lead to believe that the features they showed me during my free trial would be the SAME FEATURES THAT I WOULD GET IF I PAID $39.99 FOR A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP. But that's not what happened. So I really feel misled. (Unless Roxio can explain to me how I can STILL burn my photoshows to dvd disks that will play in my DVD player, myself, just by using the Roxio PhotoShow 6 and no additional software. You know?) Anyone else experience this?

Unless you start putting your posts into some coherent structure (and stop repeating yourself), nobody is going to bother reading your rants :blink: I gave up after a couple of lines :angry:

Happy New Year.

Personal attacks are not permitted. Walt was correct, you posted a rant in one long (actually two) paragraph with a lot of repeats making it hard to read. A simple " I don't have the option to burn to disc but I could do it with the trial program" would have been sufficient. Roxio has a 30 day money back guarantee; I suggest you make use of it.

Since you did not post if you are using the download version or the on-line version, and if you are now using 5 or 6, then we can't be of further help.

Do you have any other software that will create and not just burn a DVD? Remember the files have to be the right format and the disc need to have all the right "controls" in order for it to play on a DVD player connected to a TV set. Photoshow was not designed to do what you want.

You can export the photo shows to a mpg2 video file which would be the right format to play on a DVD player but you then need to have a program to "collect" the mpg2 files and to make a compliant disc. This is Roxio's less expensive program. As you can see the cost is the equivalent of many DVD's. If you plan to do a lot, consider it; if not, you may want to stick with multiple DVD. You may be able to Google for a free or less expensive version of a DVD creating software.

Once again, you cannot just copy the mpg2 files to a disc and have a home DVD player play them.

Archived