• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

9.0.7 breaks Tivo Transfer

kelleydr

Question

The Toast 9.0.7 update breaks TiVo Transfer on OSX 10.4.11. After updating 9.0.5 to 9.0.7, TiVo Transfer reports an error on opening:

TIVO TRANSFER ERROR

TiVo Tranfer requires OS X 10.5 or greater.

OSX 10.5 was not listed as a requirement for the update and is not a requirement for the main Toast 9.0.7 application.

Roxio Technical support has confirmed this in a support ticket.

-------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care.

We understand that you are having some issues playing the files saved on your hard drive on TiVo Transfer, this happened when you installed the update for Toast 9. We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. This is a compatibility issue, unfortunately, there's no patch/fix that could be installed or done unless you upgrade your current operating system. However, one thing you could do for now is to roll back the update you did, if you still have the original Toast 9 installation copy, you could reload it after removing the current version.

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply update web ticket with a detailed explanation, the steps you have tried and any error messages you received.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Roxio Customer Care

--------------------------------------------------

I can not update to 10.5 because I have a Power Mac G4 and Roxio has taken down the Toast 9.0.5 update so I can not reinstall to 9.0.5 as Roxio suggest.

Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

Is there any chance you saved the Toast 9.0.5 download when you downloaded it awhile ago? Is it possible you have a backup that has Toast 9.0.5 installed? I agree that Roxio needs to make that updater available to you since they switched the minimum requirement for that feature without notice. If you can't recover a 9.0.5 version nag them for a copy. Also, you can install the original Toast 9 you purchased.

I located a copy of the 9.0.5 update. The Toast app package, here TiVo Transfer is located, does not contain the TiVo Transfer app. The original Toast 9.0 installation files Tivo Transfer app had bad problems with out of sync Audio/Video, so that's a problem too.

All Roxio would have to do is provide the previous version (1.1?) of TiVo Transfer version as a download via Technical Support.

I'm back to Roxio broke Tivo Transfer for OSX 10.4.11 users and won't fix it or provide support for users trying to fix themselves. Because they did not notify 10.4.11 user that TiVo Transfer would only work on 10.5, I would bet money that Roxio Software Quality did not even test the 9.0.7 update's TiVo Transfer 2.0 on a 10.4.11 machine.

It makes me think twice about getting Toast 10 when I do upgrade to a new machine.

Archived