How do I backup Ipod songs to computer

bran5021

Question

8 answers to this question

All is not necessarily lost, however!

Itunes will let you "upgrade" either your entire itunes library, or individual songs, to "DRM-free" music, which I presume you could then back up with Roxio.

Here's a screen shot of that feature in itunes:

upgraderev.gif

Hope this helps!

Ya this actually helps a bunch, thanks alot!

I just got the roxio creator 2010 software so I can backup my ipod songs to my computer, and I;m having some trouble I dont know how yo do it. Can someone please help me out :)

Use the Media Manager in Creator 2010. If they are DRM protected, you may not be able to do that. What does your music store say? Note that the image is for video files and a phone but that should be the same process.

If I remember right, you should just be able to plug in the IPod and open Media Manager and it should give you the directions to sync to the IPod. Again, DRM protected music may not be able to sync'd

Use the Media Manager in Creator 2010. If they are DRM protected, you may not be able to do that. What does your music store say? Note that the image is for video files and a phone but that should be the same process.

If I remember right, you should just be able to plug in the IPod and open Media Manager and it should give you the directions to sync to the IPod. Again, DRM protected music may not be able to sync'd

So I did connect my ipod to roxio media manager but when I tried to co[y my songs onto my c drive it said the songs that I have chosen could not be tranferd. whats happening?

All is not necessarily lost, however!

Itunes will let you "upgrade" either your entire itunes library, or individual songs, to "DRM-free" music, which I presume you could then back up with Roxio.

Here's a screen shot of that feature in itunes:

upgraderev.gif

Hope this helps!

I just got the roxio creator 2010 software so I can backup my ipod songs to my computer, and I;m having some trouble I dont know how yo do it. Can someone please help me out :)

It is simply not an option. However, there are some third party apps that are able to do at OS level. But the process is still debated to be illegit.

Archived