• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu buttons do not work properly after dvd burning

pjrios

Question

I am working with Roxio Creator 2010 SP1 under Windows 7 with 2GB of RAM. My graphic card ¡s a NVidia Ge7800GTX with 256MB.

My workflow for photography slideshows has been:

1. Composition on VW of every slideshow (I've got 7 slideshows from a family trip)

2. Go to MyDVD with every slideshow and make independent projects for each one for easy manipulation

3. Make the final version joining all the 7 projects in one with menus and one button for each slideshow. It means a couple of window menus.

4. Burn an image of the final project.

5. Burn the image to DVD.

When playing DVD, even in the computer, when I choose button 1 in every menu, no one shows as selected. When I choose button 2, 3 or 4 I get activated partially button 1. Partially means for button 2 the left 1/3 of button 1 is activated, for button 3, the middle 1/3 of button 1 is activated and for button 4, the right 1/3 of button 1 is activated. The button for change between window menu screens is never seen activated.

I did make different versions with different menu themes and the problem looks similar in all cases.

I have already read from other posts a similar problem, but I do believe the answer given is not functioning for me.

Thanks for your support

Happy New Year 2010

16 answers to this question

Interesting… It is impossible to "joining all the 7 projects" in MyDVD.

You can add VideoWave projects into MyDVD (what you probably meant) but there is no way you can have more than ONE MyDVD project.

In order to try what you are seeing we need to know everything about your MyDVD Project…

What menu theme?

Did you change the background?

Button theme?

Buttons settings?

Automotion?

There is no hidden make it work setting, so we have to plow through by duplicating everything you have done.

Also you system specs would be helpful.

I would try to be clear enough in my way of explaining it in english. Maybe I should be a little bit more specific about the workflow.

1. I did compose 7 slideshows in VW as mentioned.

2. I took one by one and create in MyDVD the video folder for each project, instead burning iso image or physical DVD. I was creating the video files and folders without menus.

3. I opened a new project into MyDVD and was adding one by one the video files for each taking de VIDEO_TS.IFO file for each of the slideshows that I created previously

4. I was adding the menus and buttons. I did several trials with different backgrounds and changing button styles. But the last one that I reported was made with the Travel Theme without any change.

5. I did that trying to find a way around the buttons problem. My first project was made opening a MyDVD project and adding the slideshows one by one as saved from VW. I was getting exactly the same problem with the menu buttons.

6. I have already used Roxio Creator 2009 and never seen this type of problem.

Now back to MyDVD project:

Menu Theme should be "Traveling" (I am using the spanish version and it is "Viajando"). The button for changing between the two menu windows is a small plain and the default button is a luggage with a center screen. As I explained before no changes made to MyDVD default theme and buttons. Just only some text addition to them.

Again, it happens the same using other background themes. First I have used the default theme should be Blue Argent ("Plata Azul" in spanish). This one has only text buttons and I tried to change for a couple of different button types but getting the same problem.

Then change to Road Travelling ("Viajando por carretera"). With text buttons I couldn't see which one was active so I decided to change to other type of buttons but I got the same problem again. I am really confused.

The project configuration is:

PAL

Play all films

LP

352x576

Speed: 4Mbit/s

Sound: MPEG-1 384Kb/s.

Roxio Creator 2010 is a clean installation. No other version of Roxio Creator before this one.

Basic system information is:

CPU: Dual Core Intel Pentium D 940, 3200 MHz (16x200)

Dell XPS 400 / Dimension 9150

RAM: 2048 MB

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB

Audio: SIGMATEL STAC9220 A1 iNTEL 82801 ICH7

HardDisk: WD2500JS - 75NCB2 ATA Device 232 GB IDE

DVD: Philips DVD+-RW DVD8801 ATA Device

External Disks: Two USB Samsung Disks.

Thank you very much!

I have some things to do today but it is starting to get late where you live so I probably won't have anything today. (maybe someone else can give it at try)

Creating Video Folders and then using the VOB files is a bit strange but that is a separate subject for another time.

One other question, did you try the Preview in MyDVD? If so, how did the buttons behave there?

Thank you very much!

I have some things to do today but it is starting to get late where you live so I probably won't have anything today. (maybe someone else can give it at try)

Creating Video Folders and then using the VOB files is a bit strange but that is a separate subject for another time.

One other question, did you try the Preview in MyDVD? If so, how did the buttons behave there?

I did preview in MyDVD and buttons work OK.

May be strange to use Video Folders, but at the end they are "films" or videos. I can tell you it works perfectly. So I did another thing.

I went back to Roxio Creator 2009 and started MyDVD. It is running under a Windows XP config. I did the following.

1. Open a new MyDVD project.

2. Use the default theme

3. I was adding one by one the videos corresponding to the slideshows as explained before.

4. I create the menus, added the buttons even changing its type and identify with text every show.

5. I did create an ISO image

6. I burnt the DVD

....voila!

No problem at all. I have been watching my video since I posted my previous answer.

I can see the video made with Roxio Creator 2010, but while in the menu window I don't know which Title I have selected. When I push play it will start wherever it is activated which I don't know.

I wait for your comments.

I got to do some work this morning (snowing):

post-39730-1262268796.jpg

So it gave some time and I was able to duplicate your results :(

I set to Hardware Render and used the Travel Theme. I then added 4 movies and changed the buttons to various styles.

I set the Quality to LP in case the low quality would make a difference, and it does! I should point out that it always works in Preview but on a DVD Player or in CinePlayer, it does not work!

If Quality is set to HQ, no problem!

But if set to SP or LP, no highlighting.

I also tried both +RW and -RW discs, but same results...

I will turn in the issue, but I honestly do not think it will ever get fixed.

Thanks very much. I will try to repeat with my project on Roxio Creator 2010 and I will report my results through this post. I was configuring the final project in LP because it was too big in HQ for a DVD.

Nice picture. I leave in Toledo (Spain) and we got some, for us, "big" snow a few days ago. We usually get snow once per year.

It would take a few days before I come back to you with results. These days I have visitors at home and can't devote to much time to my project.

May be you can explain me how to link pictures into replays. I will attach if possible a couple of my best pictures of Toledo under the snowfall for you. I tried in my last post but without success.

Again, thanks a lot. I will follow your advise and see what happens.

Success.

My last workflow was:

1. MyDVD remake of all slideshows in HQ through video file creation. I did them before.

2. New project in MyDVD in HQ joining the 7 slideshows through the use of video files from each one. I understand your comments about this way of using MyDVD.

3. Addition of menus, buttons and text. I was using Travelling theme with default settings.

4. DVD image creation.

5. Burning image on DVD, that as it was big I have used DL DVD instead going into VCC.

6. Video was okay now and buttons working properly.

So, I should say from my side that I do not understand why if I make the final project in LP or SP the buttons did not work as they have to.

Many thanks for your help.

It is a BUG and I did report it.

I would do each Slideshow and Movie in VideoWave and save them there as VideoWave dmsm Projects.

Only after I had them all created would I open MyDVD. Then add the VideoWave Project files (dmsm) into MyDVD.

There is no way that is truly Right or Wrong. There are advantages to either way as well as disadvantages.

If you are comfortable with your method, then I would say that is the best one for you. :D

It is a BUG and I did report it.

I would do each Slideshow and Movie in VideoWave and save them there as VideoWave dmsm Projects.

Only after I had them all created would I open MyDVD. Then add the VideoWave Project files (dmsm) into MyDVD.

There is no way that is truly Right or Wrong. There are advantages to either way as well as disadvantages.

If you are comfortable with your method, then I would say that is the best one for you. :D

Just only as a remainder. Before I was doing what you say. And my way I found it looking for a workaround the buttons problem. I have not specific preference for one or the other, I was just trying to confirm the final result.

What a beautiful area that must be!

If you are exceeding 1 hour, you are diminishing the viewing Quality by not staying with HQ!

One trick for long projects is to output them to ISO or Folder at HQ.

Then use Video Copy and Convert to burn the resulting ISO or Folder to a DVD.

VCC has a better compression engine and will just compress it enough to fit the disc! This should preserve the proper button functions and give you the best Quality for the length of the project.

What a beautiful area that must be!

If you are exceeding 1 hour, you are diminishing the viewing Quality by not staying with HQ!

One trick for long projects is to output them to ISO or Folder at HQ.

Then use Video Copy and Convert to burn the resulting ISO or Folder to a DVD.

VCC has a better compression engine and will just compress it enough to fit the disc! This should preserve the proper button functions and give you the best Quality for the length of the project.

It would take a few days before I come back to you with results. These days I have visitors at home and can't devote to much time to my project.

May be you can explain me how to link pictures into replays. I will attach if possible a couple of my best pictures of Toledo under the snowfall for you. I tried in my last post but without success.

I understand.

For pictures, you have to use a web storage place to store your pictures. Then (most will have this) you will need full http:// address of each picture.

Most services will offer you an Image or IMG tag to use. Looks like this:

[IMG=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/Jim_Hardin/DSC00084.jpg]

It contains all of the html coding and address you need, you just copy and paste it into your text here.

I got to do some work this morning (snowing):

post-39730-1262268796.jpg

So it gave some time and I was able to duplicate your results :(

I set to Hardware Render and used the Travel Theme. I then added 4 movies and changed the buttons to various styles.

I set the Quality to LP in case the low quality would make a difference, and it does! I should point out that it always works in Preview but on a DVD Player or in CinePlayer, it does not work!

If Quality is set to HQ, no problem!

But if set to SP or LP, no highlighting.

I also tried both +RW and -RW discs, but same results...

I will turn in the issue, but I honestly do not think it will ever get fixed.

Absolutely beautiful! What are the buildings in the 3rd and 4th photographs?

All the pictures are taken from a small hill at the other side of the Tajo river. You can see the whole ancient city from there.

The first two are partial views of the river and the city. The third is the "Alcazar de Toledo", that was an old fortress rebuilt after spanish civil war following more or less the original. The fourth is Toledo's Cathedral. They started to build it up around 1226 being the final construction details of aprox 1493.

Thanks

Interesting… It is impossible to "joining all the 7 projects" in MyDVD.

You can add VideoWave projects into MyDVD (what you probably meant) but there is no way you can have more than ONE MyDVD project.

In order to try what you are seeing we need to know everything about your MyDVD Project…

What menu theme?

Did you change the background?

Button theme?

Buttons settings?

Automotion?

There is no hidden make it work setting, so we have to plow through by duplicating everything you have done.

Also you system specs would be helpful.

I understand.

For pictures, you have to use a web storage place to store your pictures. Then (most will have this) you will need full http:// address of each picture.

Most services will offer you an Image or IMG tag to use. Looks like this:

[IMG=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/Jim_Hardin/DSC00084.jpg]

It contains all of the html coding and address you need, you just copy and paste it into your text here.

As promised

4234639917_70cddd32b3_b.jpg

4234639911_0523966787_b.jpg

4235389970_162d9337e8_b.jpg

4235389946_c3bc4498a4_b.jpg

Enjoy the New Year

Archived