Motion Thumbnails

Jim Ward

Question

I am liking most of version 2010 so far, but for right now I am wondering if there is a way to animate the thumbnails for the chapters in the menu using a small clip from the video for each chapter. I am trying to make a DVD with 10 small video clips all MPEG 2s that are less than 2 minutes long. Instead of use a still JPEG capture from each clip as a thumbnail I wanted to use an actual piece of the video. Is there a way to do this in Roxio 2010?

THANKS in advance for the help

4 answers to this question

I am liking most of version 2010 so far, but for right now I am wondering if there is a way to animate the thumbnails for the chapters in the menu using a small clip from the video for each chapter. I am trying to make a DVD with 10 small video clips all MPEG 2s that are less than 2 minutes long. Instead of use a still JPEG capture from each clip as a thumbnail I wanted to use an actual piece of the video. Is there a way to do this in Roxio 2010?

THANKS in advance for the help

If you chose a menu with thumbnails then that is the default if you check this. The icon to the right will preview the menu in the saame screen.

If you chose a menu with thumbnails then that is the default if you check this. The icon to the right will preview the menu in the saame screen.

Hi Steve,

I am trying to view the JPEG you attached and I am getting an error telling me I am not logged in and I am unable to see it. However I am logged in, how else could I be writing this reply. I am not sure what your reply means. I know that you have to choose a menu with thumbnails. How do you get the motion thumbnails? I also use Studio by Pinnacle and there is a button that you check to get motion thumbnails and it pulls them right from the video clips. That is what I am looking to do with Roxio.

In Create DVD, look above the preview windows. There should be a walking man icon. Click on that and then on make all menus motion.

What browser are you using? Try logging out of the forums and then logging back in.

Hi Steve,

I see the walking man. I thought that meant he animates the actual background stuff of the menu and I did not think it applied to the thumbnail images for the chapters. I will have to try it now. THANKS.

As far as my browser, I was logged in using the latest version of Firefox.

I am now logged in with Internet Explorer 8 and I got the same message. It says this:

<<Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.>>

Archived