• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Delay in video/audio

boongsong

Question

Finally, after 2+ weeks of trying, I finally made my first production in VideoWave. However, when playing back the audio drops out and then the video stops (I guess waiting for audio to catch-up) at the transitiion points then it starts playing normally. Is this normal? Is there a way to eliminate those glitches? I'm running Windows XP Media Edition on a Compaq computer w/AMD3500+, 1GB mem, 200GB hd. I'm new to doing this type of thing.

3 answers to this question

Finally, after 2+ weeks of trying, I finally made my first production in VideoWave. However, when playing back the audio drops out and then the video stops (I guess waiting for audio to catch-up) at the transitiion points then it starts playing normally. Is this normal? Is there a way to eliminate those glitches? I'm running Windows XP Media Edition on a Compaq computer w/AMD3500+, 1GB mem, 200GB hd. I'm new to doing this type of thing.

Where are you seeing this issue - in Video Wave or in the burned disc?

Defrag that hard drive; that;s the simplest attempt to fix it. You can use Auslogics Disc Defragmenter it is fast and free.

If in the burned disc, encode to an ISO file or folder set in Create DVD (don't use the lite version you get to through Video Wave). Once the encoding finishes, copy that ISO to a disc from the Home screen (Burn Disc Image). That separates the encoding from the burning just in case your computer can't keep up.

Where did you gt the file and what format is it? Standard definition of High Definition?

Where are you seeing this issue - in Video Wave or in the burned disc?

Defrag that hard drive; that;s the simplest attempt to fix it. You can use Auslogics Disc Defragmenter it is fast and free.

If in the burned disc, encode to an ISO file or folder set in Create DVD (don't use the lite version you get to through Video Wave). Once the encoding finishes, copy that ISO to a disc from the Home screen (Burn Disc Image). That separates the encoding from the burning just in case your computer can't keep up.

Where did you gt the file and what format is it? Standard definition of High Definition?

I am seeing it in VideoWave. Tried to burn disc(send to MyDVD) but too long for dvd w/transitions. The file was imported from my finished production that I saved in My Documents. As for defraging the hd, I did that last week along with cleaning up my registry. I guess I'll have to start over and eliminate one of the clips in order to make it fit in a dvd. At this point, I'm close to just forgetting the whole thing and just use my original discs, hesitations and all.

I am seeing it in VideoWave. Tried to burn disc(send to MyDVD) but too long for dvd w/transitions. The file was imported from my finished production that I saved in My Documents. As for defraging the hd, I did that last week along with cleaning up my registry. I guess I'll have to start over and eliminate one of the clips in order to make it fit in a dvd. At this point, I'm close to just forgetting the whole thing and just use my original discs, hesitations and all.

What do you mean by "too long for dvd w/transitions"? A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. If longer it will have to be compressed with a resulting loss of quality. How long in time is your project?

You can "burn" your longer project to an iso (image) file and then use Vido Copy & Convert to burn the iso file to a DVD. It will transcode the video to fit on the DVD.

Of course running a registry cleaner could also have corrupted your system.

Archived