• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC10 create discs that menu works in DVD player, not in PC

boblgnj@earthlink.net

Question

Using EMC10, now creating discs that open and see menu on a PC, but can not make any menu choises or start a movie. This happens in three different PCs. The same discs put into a DVD player work correctly.

seems to happen with both +R and -R.

This happened when I moved to a new PC. Have reloaded EMC10, the burner tests OK from the store re-check.

Any ideas?

Bob LG in NJ

Dell Vostro, 3GB ram

Intel Pentium Dual, 2.20GHz

EMC10

Windows XP Pro, service pack 3

7 answers to this question

Bob,

Are you asking, when you put a DVD disc in the computer DVD Drive it does nothing?

You want it to auto start and play?

cd

No, a different issue.

I put the disc in the PC or the DVD player, it spins up, and the menu on the disc apears. On the PC I can not choose anything from the menu, can not start the video file. On the DVD player I can choose from the menu and start the video.

To make it stranger, after trying the disks on 4 different PCs, I find it spins up, and the menu appears on all, but I can only choose and play something on a PC using "InterVideo WinDVD" or "CyberLink PowerDVD" software. It will not play in "Roxio CinePlayer", or Windows Media Player, or "Interactual Player", etc.

No, a different issue.

I put the disc in the PC or the DVD player, it spins up, and the menu on the disc apears. On the PC I can not choose anything from the menu, can not start the video file. On the DVD player I can choose from the menu and start the video.

To make it stranger, after trying the disks on 4 different PCs, I find it spins up, and the menu appears on all, but I can only choose and play something on a PC using "InterVideo WinDVD" or "CyberLink PowerDVD" software. It will not play in "Roxio CinePlayer", or Windows Media Player, or "Interactual Player", etc.

First off you have way to many DVD Players!

This one you should of never installed on your PC, InterActual Player..

You have a Windows DVD Player Default setting problem, are you a new PC user?

In XP click start, look on the right side of the popup screen for, 'Set Program Access and Defaults'.

Expand the one that's checked, choose default media player...

cd

First off you have way to many DVD Players!

This one you should of never installed on your PC, InterActual Player..

You have a Windows DVD Player Default setting problem, are you a new PC user?

In XP click start, look on the right side of the popup screen for, 'Set Program Access and Defaults'.

Expand the one that's checked, choose default media player...

cd

On my home PC is set to Roxio CinePlayer, but it will not play on that or Win Media Player.

My office PC has InterVideo WinDVD and Win Media Player; but it ONLY works on InetrVidea.

My next door neighbor's PC has Interactual Player and WinMedia Player; but will not work on either.

My wife has CyberLink Power, and WinMedia Player, but it ONLY works on CyberLink.

I am still trying to figure out if a hardware prob with the burner or software that goes onto the disc.

Am redoing as auto start and will see what happens......

On my home PC is set to Roxio CinePlayer, but it will not play on that or Win Media Player.

My office PC has InterVideo WinDVD and Win Media Player; but it ONLY works on InetrVidea.

My next door neighbor's PC has Interactual Player and WinMedia Player; but will not work on either.

My wife has CyberLink Power, and WinMedia Player, but it ONLY works on CyberLink.

I am still trying to figure out if a hardware prob with the burner or software that goes onto the disc.

Am redoing as auto start and will see what happens......

Redoing with the video file as an Intro Movie (to autostart) it works on all the PCs I have tried it on, with all of their plyer software.

But unfortunatly I still have the original problem, if I have two or more video clips I need a menu, and will still have the original problem as described. The store rechecked the burner and is saying it is a software problem, and to change to something other then EMC.

Redoing with the video file as an Intro Movie (to autostart) it works on all the PCs I have tried it on, with all of their plyer software.

But unfortunatly I still have the original problem, if I have two or more video clips I need a menu, and will still have the original problem as described. The store rechecked the burner and is saying it is a software problem, and to change to something other then EMC.

The store doesn't know what they are talking about. If even one DVD player can play the DVD properly then the software worked correctly.

Using the Intro movie has nothing to do with your problem.

Are you using software or hardware render mode when you burn the DVD? What is your video card?

The system specs you listed are might also be a problem. Memory is definitely low (should double at least) and the 16GB free space will also be a problem.

The store doesn't know what they are talking about. If even one DVD player can play the DVD properly then the software worked correctly.

Using the Intro movie has nothing to do with your problem.

Are you using software or hardware render mode when you burn the DVD? What is your video card?

The system specs you listed are might also be a problem. Memory is definitely low (should double at least) and the 16GB free space will also be a problem.

Not sure about the software/hardware render mode.

I always file/Burn Project to disk, Save disc image file (to create a ISO file on hard drive), then right click on the IOS file and choose "Burn with Creator".

256MB PCI Express Video Card

250 GB (145 GB empty)

(I can not get my head past on the same PC WinMediaPlayer can not make a menu choice, but CyberLink PowerDVD, or IntraVideo can make a menu choice and play file. My gut tells me the burner is making a disc on the edge of out of tolerance so some can not read all the code?)

Dell Vostro 220, 3GB ram

250 GB (145 GB empty)

Intel Pentium Dual, 2.20GHz

256MB PCI Express Video Card

EMC10

Windows XP Pro, service pack 3

Archived