Chapter Spacing Rules

fhitw

Question

I am trying to create chapters within a movie and am getting an error message of some chapters were not added due to chapter spacing rules. I am trying to place a chapter at the beginning of each panel. I have tried the "edit chapters" button in the editing of the movie and through the project view menu and both are giving me the same message. I know that time really can't be the issue because the shortest panel is one minute 14 seconds long. In older versions I was able to do chapters of 3 seconds. How can I do that again?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers to this question

I am trying to create chapters within a movie and am getting an error message of some chapters were not added due to chapter spacing rules. I am trying to place a chapter at the beginning of each panel. I have tried the "edit chapters" button in the editing of the movie and through the project view menu and both are giving me the same message. I know that time really can't be the issue because the shortest panel is one minute 14 seconds long. In older versions I was able to do chapters of 3 seconds. How can I do that again?

Thanks for your help!

You put chapters 3 seconds apart? Why would you do that? I don't believe that that was possible, in any version, but maybe it was. I wouldn't even try doing something like that.

Thanks for your help!

The minimum time between chapters is 5 secs and it has been that for all versions. Why anybody would even consider such short times is beyond me :blink:

Please explain exactly step by step what you are doing. I just did a test with several short video clips and created a chapter menu easily by selecting "At start of every Panel" in the Edit Chapters window. Shortest clip was only 30 secs.

Archived