• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Opening Label Projects from Creator 6

cwruck

Question

I have been using an old version of Easy Media Creator 7 for years, but I had to purchase Creator 2010 to have it install on my new Windows 7 pc as the old version wouldn't install, not even in the XP Virtual Machine. Anyway, I have a number of label projects that I need to be able to edit in the new 2010 version and print, but when I attempt to open the old label projects, it says it doesn't understand the format of the project file. Is there a way to open these old label projects in 2010? I don't want to have to recreate them all from scratch... HELP.

1 answer to this question

I managed to find the answer - labels created prior to EMC 10.1 are not backward compatible due to a breaking layout change in EMC 10.1. There is no way to export from the old to the new.

The workaround is to run the old label creator program standalone.

(A) ECDC 5: copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Label Creator folder and its two sub-folders from a backup of the old EMC suite, and drop them onto your Windows 7 disk. Make a desktop shortcut to CDLabel.exe.

(B) EMC 7: copy C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7 folder and its sub-folders from a backup of the old EMC suite, and drop them onto your Windows 7 disk. Make a desktop shortcut to RxLabelCreator.exe.

Apparently there are no registry entries required... Hope this helps someone.

Archived