Runtime Error

mafopinion

Question

I have just installed creator 2009. As it would not open, Microsoft error reporting directed me to install Service Pack 4, which I did successfully. Check for updates suggests there are no further updates available. I am trying to capture video from a DVD I made from home camcorder recordings. The clip and chapters can be selected in the capture screen, but when I press "import now" I get the following message:

Runtime Error

Program . . . 2009 Special Edition\Media Import 11\MediaCapture11.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I asked for a solution from tech support, and was directed to the following web page.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...S=set-locale=en

Even though this page didn't seem to address my specific error, because I have a Dell computer, I went ahead and applied the patch. It warned me that the patch was installing older software than my current version, but I applied anyway. No change in the behavior of the program.

Hoping someone has other ideas.

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the response. I copied the folder to the HDD and opened one of the VOB files using Edit Video-Advanced. It opened and played in the video editor fine. I then tried again to import the very same DVD using the capture program with the same "runtime" error as previously displayed.

I guess I could just copy everything to the HDD, but I'm still concerned that the import function doesn't work, as this is part of the reason I purchased this package.

Does it sound like re-install? If so, is there an easy way to uninstall the whole suite, or one at a time through add/remove programs?

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Thanks for the response. I copied the folder to the HDD and opened one of the VOB files using Edit Video-Advanced. It opened and played in the video editor fine. I then tried again to import the very same DVD using the capture program with the same "runtime" error as previously displayed.

I guess I could just copy everything to the HDD, but I'm still concerned that the import function doesn't work, as this is part of the reason I purchased this package.

Does it sound like re-install? If so, is there an easy way to uninstall the whole suite, or one at a time through add/remove programs?

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Copying the Video_TS folder to your hard drive and using it from the is the best way of doing it. Trying to use Media Import from myDVD or Videowave is not very reliable.

I have just installed creator 2009. As it would not open, Microsoft error reporting directed me to install Service Pack 4, which I did successfully. Check for updates suggests there are no further updates available. I am trying to capture video from a DVD I made from home camcorder recordings. The clip and chapters can be selected in the capture screen, but when I press "import now" I get the following message:

Runtime Error

Program . . . 2009 Special Edition\Media Import 11\MediaCapture11.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I asked for a solution from tech support, and was directed to the following web page.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...S=set-locale=en

Even though this page didn't seem to address my specific error, because I have a Dell computer, I went ahead and applied the patch. It warned me that the patch was installing older software than my current version, but I applied anyway. No change in the behavior of the program.

Hoping someone has other ideas.

Thank you.

You realize that "MediaCapture11.exe" and "Windows Media Player 11" are not the same thing?

Seem that support guy got thoroughly confused...

When you referred to Service Pack 4 you meant the Roxio Creator SP4?

Bottom line is that you are hanging by a thread before doing the Clean Install procedure…

Before offering that, let's try this.

Copy the VIDEO_TS folder from your DVD to your HDD. Open VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) and Add.

Pick any file in that VIDEO_TS folder and follow the prompts.

Does that work???

If not, try changing the extension of one of the VTS_0x.VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder to *.mpg

See if VideoWave will add the file that way???

Archived