• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Merge Multiple video files into single video

sjpoor

Question

I have recorded a families life on several video tapes. I copied these tapes into my computer via MiniDV video camera.

Would like to merge all 4 videos into a single video for viewing by family members on TV or computer.

Which Roxio 2010 program will accomplish this project?

Thanks for your suggestions

2 answers to this question

Just remember that you can only get one hour of best quality video on a single sided DVD; a less less than 2 hours on a DL. You can get more but at a reduced quality. Since it is a family's life, would you want it to be the best quality possible regardless of the expense?

Also get the best quality blank DVDs. Taiyo Yuden (from on-line stores) and Verbatim are the best. T-Y makes only single sided.

I have recorded a families life on several video tapes. I copied these tapes into my computer via MiniDV video camera.

Would like to merge all 4 videos into a single video for viewing by family members on TV or computer.

Which Roxio 2010 program will accomplish this project?

Thanks for your suggestions

Guru Jim H. did a wonderful workflow discussion here. If you read that thread, you will be well on your way.

The same programs Jim talks about in that post, Videowave and then MyDVD, are in Creator 2010

Archived