Toast Video Player

Propwashsw

Question

Just loaded the Toast 10 Titanium since a crash with my Mac (my fault!) and it worked fine on my previous system. Since I've purchased the new Titanium all of my MTS files can't seem to link up to the toast video player. I've tried to find it and sync it back up to it with no luck. Any ideas?

Roxio version 10.0.5

Also, I purchased my product off of Amazon. I'm trying to update the HD and Blue Ray part of it and the website says that the key should be on my receipt. Its not. I have the key that came with the CD.. but it won't open it.

The Roxio website offers no alternative, or perhaps I overlooked it. Any help or ideas on that too?

mac OSX 10.6.2

2x2.8 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon

10 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

5 answers to this question

Check this link for a tutorial on using toast video payer via the media browser.

As far as the bdhd plugin, it comes if you purchased the pro version of toast, or you can also d/l the plugin if you only purchased the standard version. If you purchased the pro version, the plugin is contained in the disc image that is created after running the installer. It is listed as a separate folder from the toast folder that you drag to the apps folder. I can't remember the exact name of the folder, but it will be obvious when you see it.

Hope this helps.

Here is the url for the video:

http://img.roxio.com/enu/flash/toast10/toa...xtract-dvd.html

Thanks for your help but, perhaps I didn't explain my problem well enough.

What I'm wanting to restore is to use the Toast Video Player as my default Player for the raw unedited MTS files once I transfer them from my camera to my computer's hard drive. In other words, what is happening now is when I double click on the single MTS file a different player opens it, and the quality is far from what I want by comparison to the Toast Player I recall prior to my crash.

I know how to make the player a default player using the "Finder" on my mac, but the problem is, I'm not finding the Toast Player's location within any of the folders that came with my Toast Titanium Pro. Basically, that's what the first problem is.. where is the Toast Player hiding so I can point to it as my default player.

On the other request I had, it wasn't that I was looking for the program of the HD/Blue Ray as that came with my software. Where I'm having difficulty is activating it with a "key" that was supposed to have come with the receipt that was sent to me with my purchase according to Roxio's support page.

I purchased my Toast Titanium Pro from Amazon.com and looking at the receipt, I can find no key anywhere upon it!

As well, Roxio's website said that it would send me a key once I register on line, which I have, but no key was e mailed to me in return as I understood it would. The only key that I have is the one on the primary disc and that's all working fine.

Here is a copy and pasted version:

Roxio Product Registration

Thank you for registering your new Roxio Software!

First: Steve

Last: XXXXXXX

Email: XXXXXXX@yahoo.com

Product: Toast 10 Pro

You now have the opportunity to access our support services which include an advanced knowledgebase, community forums, tips & tutorials, patches & updates and so much more.

http://support.roxio.com/

Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, so please know that your information will never be sold or compromised in any way.

Enjoy your new software!

Sincerely,

The Roxio Software Team

http://www.roxio.com/

- This is an automated email. Please do not reply. -

Thanks for your help but, perhaps I didn't explain my problem well enough.

What I'm wanting to restore is to use the Toast Video Player as my default Player for the raw unedited MTS files once I transfer them from my camera to my computer's hard drive. In other words, what is happening now is when I double click on the single MTS file a different player opens it, and the quality is far from what I want by comparison to the Toast Player I recall prior to my crash.

I know how to make the player a default player using the "Finder" on my mac, but the problem is, I'm not finding the Toast Player's location within any of the folders that came with my Toast Titanium Pro. Basically, that's what the first problem is.. where is the Toast Player hiding so I can point to it as my default player.

On the other request I had, it wasn't that I was looking for the program of the HD/Blue Ray as that came with my software. Where I'm having difficulty is activating it with a "key" that was supposed to have come with the receipt that was sent to me with my purchase according to Roxio's support page.

I purchased my Toast Titanium Pro from Amazon.com and looking at the receipt, I can find no key anywhere upon it!

As well, Roxio's website said that it would send me a key once I register on line, which I have, but no key was e mailed to me in return as I understood it would. The only key that I have is the one on the primary disc and that's all working fine.

Here is a copy and pasted version:

Roxio Product Registration

Thank you for registering your new Roxio Software!

First: Steve

Last: XXXXXXX

Email: XXXXXXX@yahoo.com

Product: Toast 10 Pro

You now have the opportunity to access our support services which include an advanced knowledgebase, community forums, tips & tutorials, patches & updates and so much more.

http://support.roxio.com/

Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, so please know that your information will never be sold or compromised in any way.

Enjoy your new software!

Sincerely,

The Roxio Software Team

http://www.roxio.com/

- This is an automated email. Please do not reply. -

I'm no expert for sure, it may be that the toast video player is only accessed from within toast. It may be that its' not actually a stand alone app as toast, popcorn, etc. If so that wold explain why it isn't seen by finder.

It may be that you may need to open a help ticket and ask about the toast video player and how it is employed in toast.

As far as a "key" for the plugin, you may also want to do the same.

Here is the url to sign in, after you do that the next window has a link to open a help ticket.

https://selfserve.roxio.com/%28S%28jwkanh45...9%29/Login.aspx

You may also want to send a PM to Patrick or Ivan and ask about a key for the plugin.

As "bohalloron" mentioned, Toast Video Player is not installed as a separate application and is accessible within Toast only. However, for ease, you could open the Toast package contents and copy the app of the package.

Also if you have a Pro version of Toast Titanium, you already have ability to author BluRay media. You don't need to install a separate BD plugin.

As "bohalloron" mentioned, Toast Video Player is not installed as a separate application and is accessible within Toast only. However, for ease, you could open the Toast package contents and copy the app of the package.

Also if you have a Pro version of Toast Titanium, you already have ability to author BluRay media. You don't need to install a separate BD plugin.

The easiest way to know if you have the pro version AND have the plugin installed is to open toast and click on the video tab. Look on the left side of the window, if it lists blue-ray video under dvd-video, you have it installed. I may be wrong, but if you only drag the toast app into the app folder from the installer and do not also drag the "pro app" folder that is also in the installer into the app folder, then the blue-ray video will not be listed. Again, I may be wrong, but it takes both folders being copied into the app folder for this to work.

Good idea about copying the video player app, hadn't thought of that.

Archived