will not recognize blank DVD+R's

rswift

Question

I have a dual boot system with an IDE NEC DVDR and a New Sata Plextor PX-880sa DVDR. One OS is W2K Server with Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.0, and the new OS is W2K3 Server with Roxio Creator 10CE that came with the Plextor. In OS W2K, I have been burning CDR's & DVD+R's for a couple of years with no problem. I decided to Put W2K3 Server on this same system, as dual boot, a few months ago and I replaced a IDE Lite-on 16X DVD burner with the sata 24X Plextor and specifically this one to get the newer Roxio 10CE version.

I can burn DVD+R's, with both the Plextor and NEC, when I boot to the older W2K Server, but when I boot into the W2K3 Server using the new Roxio Creator 10CE neither one of the DVD burners will recognize my blank media. They both kick out the disk and ask for a compatible blank DVD+ or - R. The media I usually use is Verbatim, but I went and bought 100 of the HP DVD+R's to make sure it was not the media. The common denominator is the new Roxio Creator 10CE & Windows 2003 Server, that my old NEC will not even burn a DVD with.

Thanks Randy

9 answers to this question

Many Roxio suites and programs will work in server environments, it's just the Company doesn't support it because not everything will work every time.

I am glad somebody on this forum has seen Roxio work on a server besides me. It has been my favorite of choice until now. Maybe Roxio needs to step it up a notch, and into the future with server OS versions or compatibility. There are millions of Windows OS servers in this world

Thanks

Randy

Very few companies actually make user applications for servers (irrespective of the number in use)

While parts MAY woirk in a server OS, that OS is NOT supported by the company.

Did you ever try to install, say, Norton Systemworks on a Server - only to get the message that it wasn't designed for it?

A server is a server - not a desktop substitute. I run several OS here to check on stuff for clients - but I know they don't use a server OS so I don't use that (anyway, if I wanted a server, I use Linux which is a lot faster and more stable)

I am having this same issue but with Creator 2012. It does not recognize my blank DVD's only there are no updates available as 2012 is the latest version out. what do I do? I cannot burn any of the projects I created and I cannot even redownload the product even though I paid extra to be able to for the next 30 days because the website does not recognize my order number. when i contact customer service they email me from a no reply email and it is not helpful at all. Any help would be appreciated

I am having this same issue but with Creator 2012. It does not recognize my blank DVD's only there are no updates available as 2012 is the latest version out. what do I do? I cannot burn any of the projects I created and I cannot even redownload the product even though I paid extra to be able to for the next 30 days because the website does not recognize my order number. when i contact customer service they email me from a no reply email and it is not helpful at all. Any help would be appreciated

Please post your problem in the Creator 2012 forums. This is a thread, that has been dead for over 2 years, and it doesn't involve the same software that you have.

You can try the PX 3 engine, here:

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

I have not seen any version of the Roxio software, that will work in a networking OS environment.

If you will read my post a little closer you will see that I have been using Roxio 7 on a Windows 2000 Server, (networking OS), for a few years and it has worked fine. I have been using DVD burners on servers for years to transfer and backup data. Oh I did get Nero 8 to work on the Windows 2003 Server too. The Plextor drive now recognizes and burns DVD+R's with my old media.

Randy

IT consultant

No Roxio software has ever been designed to use on any Server…

Then you are trying to use some hobbled OEM software that may have been designed to only work with that burner…

If you can any of that to work, all power to you :lol:

I have been using DVD burners on servers for years to transfer and backup data. Oh I did get Nero 8 to work on the Windows 2003 Server too. The Plextor drive now recognizes and burns DVD+R's with my old media. Thanks

Randy

IT consultant

Archived