• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Total Debacle

RBaptist

Question

Hello,

hoping I can get some help here....

I had Creator 2009 on my Vista machine and decided to clean install Windows 7 on my machine. I went to put Creator Back on and didn't realize it wasn't compatible. Got halfway through the install and it froze.

Now I can't uninstall it because Windows does not recognize it as an installed program.

After realizing this...I purchased the upgrade (which DID install). It Seems to run okay, however when I try to import pictures or create a label...nothing happens. I click the icon and it just gives the stupid swirly icon..then stops.

Any advice?

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Thank you! This worked like a charm! The core app seems to be working.

Now for the last bit:

Another thing that is going wrong is that I am having problems with the Content file download. I was able to get the Core App files, but not the Content Files. It keeps telling me I have downloaded it too many times..... I started the content download 1x (and by mistake I shut down my PC). Now I can't get it again. I guess that is another call to Roxio. It says on the site...30 days....not Max of 5 attempts. I figured maybe I tried too many times in 1 day...but each time I have tried since the purchase goes against my 'talley'.

Not a fan of the download process from Roxio. Who cares how many times I have tried to download as long as it is within 30 days and I am operating by the rules of the EULA (ie..one machine and one serial #). Next time I'm going for the CD.

Edited by RBaptist

Now for the last bit:

Another thing that is going wrong is that I am having problems with the Content file download. I was able to get the Core App files, but not the Content Files. It keeps telling me I have downloaded it too many times..... I started the content download 1x (and by mistake I shut down my PC). Now I can't get it again. I guess that is another call to Roxio. It says on the site...30 days....not Max of 5 attempts. I figured maybe I tried too many times in 1 day...but each time I have tried since the purchase goes against my 'talley'.

Not a fan of the download process from Roxio. Who cares how many times I have tried to download as long as it is within 30 days and I am operating by the rules of the EULA (ie..one machine and one serial #). Next time I'm going for the CD.

Go here:

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...S=set-locale=en

Now for the last bit:

Once you download any software, burn it to a DVD, immediately after downloading. That way, if you have problems, you have a backup that you can use, if need be.