• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Classic Runtime Error

farwalker

Question

Perhaps someone can let me know if there is a solution to my being unable to use Creator Classic.

When I try to run it I get an error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: .../Roxio/Easy Media Creator7/Creator Classic/Creator7.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Creator Classic ran before I had to replace my hard drive. I had to reinstall all software.

I have tried running Creator Classic after a fresh install from the disk; and after updating with the download from Roxio. Neither works, I get the same error.

I'm trying to use Creator Classic to make a bootable CD.

Thanks in advance to those who try to help.

10 answers to this question

You have an basic OEM version of the software. Contact NEC about any problems that you are having. They are the ones resposible for your version since they had it modified.

I don't remember the fix for that problem, but I think that it may have had something to do with getting rid of spyware/malware from your computer. Use free versions of AdAware and Spybot.

I just started getting this runtime error when I select "Select" in DIsc Copier". Must have something to do with a Microsoft Update since I have been using this software for years and just started getting this error. I have run all of the spyware detections and found nothing.

Any ideas on what to try?

If you have allowed Microsoft Auto-Update to download Internet Explorer 7, or WinPlayer 11, you need to rollback to IE 6 and WinPlayer 11. Those programs change the operating system in a way that "breaks" EMC 7 (and 8) and a lot of other software.

When that is done, turn off Auto-update.

Lynn

I'm getting the exact same error, but I haven't changed any hardware. Trying to copy some files to disc and I get the same message as above. Tried reinstalling Roxio, no luck. Maybe a recent windows update changed something? Grasping at straws. Still runs fine on my secondary computer, running windows 2000.

Anyone else out there? I guess I should look at some other programs if Roxio isn't up to the task. This was bundled with my NEC DVD burner I bought about 18 months ago.

I'm getting the exact same error, but I haven't changed any hardware. Trying to copy some files to disc and I get the same message as above. Tried reinstalling Roxio, no luck. Maybe a recent windows update changed something? Grasping at straws. Still runs fine on my secondary computer, running windows 2000.

Anyone else out there? I guess I should look at some other programs if Roxio isn't up to the task. This was bundled with my NEC DVD burner I bought about 18 months ago.

You have an basic OEM version of the software. Contact NEC about any problems that you are having. They are the ones resposible for your version since they had it modified.

Perhaps someone can let me know if there is a solution to my being unable to use Creator Classic.

When I try to run it I get an error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: .../Roxio/Easy Media Creator7/Creator Classic/Creator7.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Creator Classic ran before I had to replace my hard drive. I had to reinstall all software.

I have tried running Creator Classic after a fresh install from the disk; and after updating with the download from Roxio. Neither works, I get the same error.

I'm trying to use Creator Classic to make a bootable CD.

Thanks in advance to those who try to help.

I don't remember the fix for that problem, but I think that it may have had something to do with getting rid of spyware/malware from your computer. Use free versions of AdAware and Spybot.

If you have allowed Microsoft Auto-Update to download Internet Explorer 7, or WinPlayer 11, you need to rollback to IE 6 and WinPlayer 11. Those programs change the operating system in a way that "breaks" EMC 7 (and 8) and a lot of other software.

When that is done, turn off Auto-update.

Lynn

I've been having the same problem on my HP Laptop. When you receive the pop up that asks if you want to submit the error to Microsoft, click on the details link. It will tell you creator7.exe cause an error in a specific DLL. Mine was msvcr80.dll. This dll is for Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library 8.0... I found that the DLL was actually installed into a folder in c:\Program Files (the folder for HP Credential manager in my case). I ran MS Config and disabled any executables that are running from that folder and rebooted my computer. The error messages stopped after that.

Better late than never

I've been having the same problem on my HP Laptop. When you receive the pop up that asks if you want to submit the error to Microsoft, click on the details link. It will tell you creator7.exe cause an error in a specific DLL. Mine was msvcr80.dll. This dll is for Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library 8.0... I found that the DLL was actually installed into a folder in c:\Program Files (the folder for HP Credential manager in my case). I ran MS Config and disabled any executables that are running from that folder and rebooted my computer. The error messages stopped after that.

Better late than never

Well, if you consider almost 18 months, after the last post to this thread, being late, then right you are. :lol::lol:

A good solution for HP users, though.

Archived