• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator won't install, again

t_andersen

Question

I installed Creator 2010 on Windows 7 on a Dell laptop Precision M65 a couple of months ago. I do not anymore remember whether I got an error message during the installation. Anyway, Creator did not work and furthermore, the computer would in most cases neither shut down or hibernate. It just hung with a black screen when I tried to switch it off. After having spent quite some time figuring out how to interpret Windows crash dumps, I found out that it was related to the DVD writer, and after turning it off, Windows was ok again.

I had posted a cry for help here: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=58620, and there was a guy who pointed to a quite complex uninstall procedure with registry changes etc. After a full backup I finally got to uninstall Creator and the computer has been working fine ever since.

On the other hand, I have paid for the Creator software and would like to get it running, so I tried again to install it running the file RoxioCreator2010_HX19AXC0R13.exe and got the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program:

C:\Users\TORBEN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\setup.exe

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library

incorrectly.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I am using Comodo firewall/security and it was off. My Internet connection was also off.

I am not so impressed. Roxio Creator 2010 has cost me many hours, some money and is still not working. I hope that the team can come up with a suggestion.

Regards

Torben

1 answer to this question

Firehancer is a former Roxio employee who really knows his stuff!!!

If you think the Clean Install is too complex, then you might be better off printing the following instructions and taking it to a computer shop you trust or your company department. I am assuming that if you bought a Dell M65 you didn't pick it for music and games :lol: So I suspect you do have a department, like IT, that can help you.

Prep Steps: KB Page

Clean Install: Vista/Win7

Does that seem like a reasonable approach?

Archived