Tivo to Mac Xfer, what a rip-off

Yosh

Question

I am so tired of spending good money on software that does not work as claimed. What a rip-off! Using all the most recent versions of all the software, my newly purchased Toast 10 won't download from TIVO without hanging. As suggested by someone on this forum, I tried downloading by accessing TIVO directly through a browser and it works fine (so why does TIVO say Toast is the only way to xfer files when they provide an undocumented free way to do it?). So after downloading all the .tivo files, I find that I can't watch them because Toast only displays a pixilated green screen.

Okay, so something is wrong with my setup. But wait, I check out the Roxio forum and discovere there are LOTS of people with exactly the same problem. There is a serious flaw in the product Roxio is selling and they provide no remedy from what I can tell. Like most software vendors, they rely on silence, inaccesibility of support and a no-return policy to prevent dissatisfied customers from their due.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Yosh.

2 answers to this question

a no-return policy to prevent dissatisfied customers from their due.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Yosh.

You actually have 30 days to return the product. Quoted

"Refund Questions

Roxio has an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee* for products purchased directly from Roxio through our online store or over the telephone with our Inside Sales department. Shipping charges will not be refunded. To request a refund, please go to www.findmyorder.com and login with your order details then click Return.

*Note: The Return option will be removed after 30 days from the date of purchase."

You actually have 30 days to return the product. Quoted

"Refund Questions

Roxio has an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee* for products purchased directly from Roxio through our online store or over the telephone with our Inside Sales department. Shipping charges will not be refunded. To request a refund, please go to www.findmyorder.com and login with your order details then click Return.

*Note: The Return option will be removed after 30 days from the date of purchase."

The 30 day return policy isn't helpful when snow-leopard compatibility updates actually *decrease* Toast functionality. Yes, I could revert my entire system back to 10.5.x and downgrade all my roxio software to get back that functionality, but that seems a bit ridiculous. I'm willing to give Roxio the benefit of the doubt up to a point, but this 10.0.5 update seems inordinately half-baked at best. Does Tivo transfer + tivo video playback work for *anyone*? Sure doesn't seem like it. I couldn't tell you if 10.0.5 fixed the burning-hd-tivo-files-to-dvd-media non-functionality of 10.0.4, because that just crashes now -- presumably related to the aforementioned tivo transfer + playback issues.

I'm hoping for some form of response sometime this week... there doesn't seem to be any imaginable excuse for them to go this entire week without addressing it, as the developers *must* be back to work this week. A statement, an acknowledgment, heck just pull the update as a tacit acknowledgment that the thing is broken -- SOMETHING, please...