• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is it time to return VHS to DVD?

jquinntet

Question

I have spent the past three days installing and uninstalling this software to my computer. I have followed all the valuable suggestions recommended in this forum for the installation process but get the same results. 1) I don't believe it is ever recognizing the USB (I have placed in the back of computer, as well as in the two in the front) and 2) when I try to use the plug and run, all I get is an hourglass when I try to move from step one to step two. If I try capture video, all I get is an hour glass. I had an ah ha moment from a post yesterday when I realized that I must have a newer version because when I try to install the RoxioVHStoDVDSP2 - I receive the message that the software is not installed on the computer - yet it is on my desk top and listed in the add and remove programs of my computer. Further more, when I try to uninstall everything, the Roxio USB device remains in my program list (but not on desk top-even after attempting to uninstall from the downloads offered at the site). I emailed the company three days ago and received no response. I called support only to find that they would charge me $1.49 a minute and wanted my credit card up front - not very customer service oriented, if you ask me, charging me when the program isn't even installed. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions, I sure would welcome them. This really is a fabulous forum, but I think with this newer version, there are some kinks.

1 answer to this question