• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Uninstall/Repair 2010 pro

TMK

Question

I have roxio emc 2010 pro installed worked great for several months. Got a bug and I cannot uninstall or repair or restore Tried safe mode, didn't work. Get a couple of errors 0c47 during install? and also error 2573 about roxcineplayer. I looked both up and tried to trouble shoot to no avail. I am running windows 7. I also get the certificate is missing or corrupt, try to reinstall. I am really stuck. I have also tried reg edit, no luck. Windows installer error also came up!!!! I know just enough to be dangerous but am at a loss. Please help if you can

11 answers to this question

Same here. Tried the clean install instructions after trying to uninstall 2010 (in Step 2 of the above instructions it WON'T let me uninstall 2010), and I still see the Roxio icon on the list of programs to uininstall under Control Panel. When I try to uninstall I get the 04C7 error popup, and it won't let me reinstall. Assistance appreciated; thanks!

Same here. Tried the clean install instructions after trying to uninstall 2010 (in Step 2 of the above instructions it WON'T let me uninstall 2010), and I still see the Roxio icon on the list of programs to uininstall under Control Panel. When I try to uninstall I get the 04C7 error popup, and it won't let me reinstall. Assistance appreciated; thanks!

1. Try using something like Revo Uninstaller

2. Error Code 04C7 = The operation was cancelled by the user.

3. If Revo fails, strictly follow Step#3 of Clean install which I don't believe you have performed correctly.

Everything that I could find. Revo did the trick - should have thought of that before. There were in fact several Registry entries left over, mainly from the uninstaller keys for Roxio. The software did a very poor job of clearing itself from the Registry, which prevented further uninstallation by Win7 after a reboot and did not allow reinstallation of the program. A forced uninstall from Revo worked, and I successfully reinstalled 2010. My opinion is that we are several updates away from "Golden", in the MS parlance...

I have roxio emc 2010 pro installed worked great for several months. Got a bug and I cannot uninstall or repair or restore Tried safe mode, didn't work. Get a couple of errors 0c47 during install? and also error 2573 about roxcineplayer. I looked both up and tried to trouble shoot to no avail. I am running windows 7. I also get the certificate is missing or corrupt, try to reinstall. I am really stuck. I have also tried reg edit, no luck. Windows installer error also came up!!!! I know just enough to be dangerous but am at a loss. Please help if you can

1) Try restoring your computer to an earlier time using Windows.

2) Try doing the repair option in Creator 2010.

3) Do what Syrallas suggested.

1) Try restoring your computer to an earlier time using Windows.

2) Try doing the repair option in Creator 2010.

3) Do what Syrallas suggested.

Since you've tried the others, I would move on to Syrallas suggestion....

cd

Sorry, I missed that ! :wacko:

I've been looking at the error codes and there may be some problems with your Windows registry. Did you do any registry cleaning other than what is called for in the Clean Install instructions? If you did do a registry edit, did you make a backup?

Archived