• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Shrink functionality

NEH

Question

In EZCD Creator 7.5 in my old XP world I would frequently take an unprotected iso image of a dual layer disk and compress then burn it to a 4.4G disk. When doing so I would have the following workflow:

open the iso image,

select the movie parts I wanted (as I selected them the software told me when compression became necessary)

and then burn the image to disk

the software indicated without any question before I began the burn how much capacity was required to create an identical copy and when I started the process if it was going to have to re-render/compress to fit the movie onto the new, smaller disk.

I don't see this feedback in the software anymore. at least not in the 'copy and convert video' module

the exact question is when burning selected pieces of a DVD movie iso image, how do I tell when I've selected enough to force compression to a smaller disk and if I don't want it compressed be able to tell when I should move to a DL for like quality? How do I see the re-render details?

thanks in advance.

->N

3 answers to this question

You can use Videowave, add your video, edit if you like, then transfer to MYDVD. Once in MYDVD you can select the media type in the lower left corner. Looking at the thin data bar near the bottom, if showing red will indicate compression. (or will it fit on the selected media?) You can change things around some by using the Quality selection on the lower right corner. Between these two controls you should be able to determine if compression (lower quality) will come into play.

You can use Videowave, add your video, edit if you like, then transfer to MYDVD. Once in MYDVD you can select the media type in the lower left corner. Looking at the thin data bar near the bottom, if showing red will indicate compression. (or will it fit on the selected media?) You can change things around some by using the Quality selection on the lower right corner. Between these two controls you should be able to determine if compression (lower quality) will come into play.

Thanks but in addition to adding quite a bit of process to a previously simple workflow this also appears to force a re-render.

I also discovered that I cannot burn to DL DVD's. Assuming that it is laptop related (this machine is a year old) I installed the software package to my new i7 and found the same I have the same problems there. I sure hope some light can be shed on these problems because at this point the software is useless to me. I have other burning utils I can use but was hoping for the same performance and flexibility I had previously had from Easy CD Creator 7.5

thanks again for the feedback!

anyone else have any thoughts?

->N

Archived