7.5 will not recognize the DVD drive (error when examining drives =80045203)

fc227a

Question

Season’s greetings all,

I have upgraded my machine to a 2.4ghz, P4 with 3 gig of ram. But now I have this problem with roxio7.5, When I load “DVD builder”, If I try to go and burn the DVD I get this error code.

“Error when examining drives =80045203”

What would cause this? And more importantly how do I fix it?

9 answers to this question

Season’s greetings all,

I have upgraded my machine to a 2.4ghz, P4 with 3 gig of ram. But now I have this problem with roxio7.5, When I load “DVD builder”, If I try to go and burn the DVD I get this error code.

“Error when examining drives =80045203”

What would cause this? And more importantly how do I fix it?

I would first ensure the most recent device drivers are installed for your new hardware in Windows XP SP?

Can you access the DVD drive through Windows and no nasty "?" in the Device Manager! Windows XP also features DVD write utilities; have you tried those, too?

Check this Microsoft KB article.

I would first ensure the most recent device drivers are installed for your new hardware in Windows XP SP?

Can you access the DVD drive through Windows and no nasty "?" in the Device Manager! Windows XP also features DVD write utilities; have you tried those, too?

Check this Microsoft KB article.

WIN XP SP3. The drive(s) are recognized by all other programs and I an access them. It is just when I open "DVD Builder", It does not recognize them in that program.

No there is no "?" in the Device manager.

What write uilities ?

Archived