• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Australian TiVo not working with TiVo Transfer on a mac?

j-mac-g

Question

I suspect this has been discussed extensively in the past, but I believe there was a TiVo Australia firmware upgrade recently that may have affected TiVo Transfer.

I have recently purchased a TiVo 320 in Australia, including the Home Networking Kit and MAK. I also purchased Roxio Popcorn 4 and installed the version of TiVo Transfer that came with it.

I am able to stream music and photos from my mac to the TiVo. I can open TiVo Transfer on my mac and it will display the list of recordings on the TiVo. However, when I click "start transfer" the task appears in the active transfers list, but no data is transferred.

I have restarted the computer, TiVo and wifi base station multiple times. I have tried shutting down the Snow Leopard Firewall and connecting through the ethernet port, so I know it's not a firewall or wifi issue.

Can anyone confirm that they can successfully download recordings using the following combination:

• a Tivo 320 running the current Australian firmware (as of 2/1/10 it is 11.3b2-01-2-663))
  • a Mac running Snow Leopard v10.6.2
  • Tivo Transfer for Popcorn v2.0

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

I suspect this has been discussed extensively in the past, but I believe there was a TiVo Australia firmware upgrade recently that may have affected TiVo Transfer.

I have recently purchased a TiVo 320 in Australia, including the Home Networking Kit and MAK. I also purchased Roxio Popcorn 4 and installed the version of TiVo Transfer that came with it.

I am able to stream music and photos from my mac to the TiVo. I can open TiVo Transfer on my mac and it will display the list of recordings on the TiVo. However, when I click "start transfer" the task appears in the active transfers list, but no data is transferred.

I have restarted the computer, TiVo and wifi base station multiple times. I have tried shutting down the Snow Leopard Firewall and connecting through the ethernet port, so I know it's not a firewall or wifi issue.

Can anyone confirm that they can successfully download recordings using the following combination:

• a Tivo 320 running the current Australian firmware (as of 2/1/10 it is 11.3b2-01-2-663))
  • a Mac running Snow Leopard v10.6.2
  • Tivo Transfer for Popcorn v2.0

Thank you.

TiVo have updated their firmware (now 11.3b3-01-2-663) and Popcorn is working again.