• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ASF file not seen in Copy and Convert program

Emileth

Question

Hello

I've started to use Roxio Media Creator 2010 since a week, and I tried to convert a video with file extension ASF (it seems to be a WMV3 format file) in the Copy and Convert programm.

However, when I try to open the file, when I choose the option Video Converting and then the Films button, you get a Pop Up window with a directory tree. When I navigate to the apropriate directory, I don't see the ASF file. The programm does not show the file, while it is in the directory.

What do I wrong?

I thought that Roxio MC 2010 could open ASF files.

Can Anybody help me?

Thnx

Grz

Emile

4 answers to this question

If the program doesn't see the file with that extension, I'd say it doesn't support ASF extension.

Click help in Video Copy and Convert, see what it lists for acceptable file extensions..

cd

Thnx

I searched the help file, but it doesnot seem to be described in this file. I cannot find it!

Does anyone know whethet this file is supported within the C&C program?

The info page on the Roxio website gives the ASF file format as input format.. So???

Anybody a helpful comment?

Thnx

Grz Emile

As an alternative, try Videowave (or Edit Video-Advanced in the Video tab of the Home app). Bring in the video and then select Output|Export As to convert to another video format.

Hi

I know the problem, In videowave, the program gives the message "The file cannot be scanned,therefore the file cannot be opened."

(Or something like that, translated from dutch...;-))

I think, when you try to open files in C&C Roxio will first scan the files, and only correct files will be displayed.

Thnx for the help,

grz

Emile

Archived