• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

waveracer

DVD Trimming from Tivo

Question

Hello<

I am trying to trim a movie saved from Tivo. It has all the trailers and stuff that I would like to remove I open the movie and click edit , which then opens the toast video player where I mark the tabs i the area I want to trim , but after that I don't know what to do as there is no "done " button like it says in the help files. I then go back to the movie and click record and it asks if I want to save changes and I click yes but when I go to play the movie everything is still there. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help! :D

8 answers to this question

Sounds like you're doing it right. After marking the sections you want excluded choose Save in the Toast Video Player. Go to Toast and convert your movie or create your video DVD. Toast will exclude the segments you marked. Toast does not actually modify the source video. It just skips the parts you mark in the processed output.

Sounds like you're doing it right. After marking the sections you want excluded choose Save in the Toast Video Player. Go to Toast and convert your movie or create your video DVD. Toast will exclude the segments you marked. Toast does not actually modify the source video. It just skips the parts you mark in the processed output.

THANKS I"LL GIVE IT A GO AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS ONE MORE TIME. SO does that mean in a standalone it will play everything but in the toast player it will play the trimmed sections? Maybe that is what I am missing

Thanks for your help!

THANKS I"LL GIVE IT A GO AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS ONE MORE TIME. SO does that mean in a standalone it will play everything but in the toast player it will play the trimmed sections? Maybe that is what I am missing

Thanks for your help!

Could be. If you choose Save as Disc Image you can preview the video DVD before burning it to disc. When the disc image is finished select it with the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. Toast then mounts the disc image and DVD Player will play it.

Could be. If you choose Save as Disc Image you can preview the video DVD before burning it to disc. When the disc image is finished select it with the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. Toast then mounts the disc image and DVD Player will play it.

Hi again

I recorded the tivo file as a disc image and marked it for trimming but when I preview the file it still does show everything and no trimming is evident. The recording is fine I was just hoping to be able to take out the trailers. If I can't it isn't a big deal but would be cool. Any other thoughts? I wonder if somehow I am not saving the changes properly. <_<

thanks for all your help

Hi again

I recorded the tivo file as a disc image and marked it for trimming but when I preview the file it still does show everything and no trimming is evident. The recording is fine I was just hoping to be able to take out the trailers. If I can't it isn't a big deal but would be cool. Any other thoughts? I wonder if somehow I am not saving the changes properly. <_<

thanks for all your help

Did you drag the start and end triangle to encompass the entire segment you want deleted?

Did you drag the start and end triangle to encompass the entire segment you want deleted?

No I didn't I just placed it where wanted it to start and finish . I will i just marked it that way and that looks right , Thankyou, also I opened the disc image in the copy section and picked image file but when I burned it is was not playable in my DVD player. I think I need to open it in video and pick DVD Video but I don't want to waste another disc if I am wrong (This is number three)

Is that correct? Getting closer Thanks again !

No I didn't I just placed it where wanted it to start and finish . I will i just marked it that way and that looks right , Thankyou, also I opened the disc image in the copy section and picked image file but when I burned it is was not playable in my DVD player. I think I need to open it in video and pick DVD Video but I don't want to waste another disc if I am wrong (This is number three)

Is that correct? Getting closer Thanks again !

So I did what you said and dragged the marks and that worked!!! I also picked video/ dvd video and that plays on my DVD player so I am all set thanks for all your help, this is great.

Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to work out if this would work in Toast 10. Now I know it does, I'm probably going to pick it up.