• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Normalizing

jackowens

Question

Dear Friends,

I'm having trouble using the <Normalize...> feature of the <Fading & Volume> button in the tool-bar of the Roxio Creator 2010 Pro <Sound Editor>.

I recorded a series of musical pieces using the Easy Media Creator 7 but ran into so many problems with it that, after having established a file of recorded pieces with it, I decided to go with Roxio Creator 2010 Pro.

After recording several pieces with the latter I joined the file to the one recorded previously with Easy Media Creator 7. When opening the conjoined files as a single file in the Roxio 2010 Sound Editor, the file comes up as a brown wave-form and there is a considerable difference showing in the volume-level of the section recorded with Easy Media Creator 7 and that recorded with Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. That's where I thought the normalize feature would come in.

I go to <Edit> -> <Select All>, click on the <Fading & Volume> button -> <Normalize...>, lower the level to 1x, in the normalize window, click <OK> and wait.

Nothing happens.

I notice a blue normalize button below and try sweeping it across from left to right but the volume-difference between the two sections remains.

Any help? I couldn't find anything in the user's guide.

Regards to all,

Jackowens

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived