My Own Software Not Found - SP4 Update

rdwood1

Question

I have been unable to get Creator 2009 Ultimate working in Windows 7. I'm using the downloaded version of Creator 2009 Ultimate (FN56I010R14_Creator2009Ultimate_11.0.exe).

I am able to successfully complete the installation of Creator in Windows 7 without errors (i.e. no directx or .Net Framework issues). Despite the successful installation, I am unable to open/run the program. I get the same error message other users have reported (I receive the compatibility screen, I select run program and receive the program stop running message).

The solution, install SP4. When I attempt to install SP4, I receive the "Software Not Found" error message. I've followed the clean install instructions multiple times without success. I've disabled all startup programs and services including my CA Antivirus. The results are the same, "Software Not Found" when I attempt to install SP4.

Suggestions Anyone?

Same "Software not found" on XP

6 answers to this question

I have been unable to get Creator 2009 Ultimate working in Windows 7. I'm using the downloaded version of Creator 2009 Ultimate (FN56I010R14_Creator2009Ultimate_11.0.exe).

The results are the same, "Software Not Found" when I attempt to install SP4.

Suggestions Anyone?

Please note Roxio Creator 2009 is NOT supported to run in Windows 7; upgrade to Roxio Creator 2010.

Nevertheless, several had been able to get Roxio Creator 2009 with(!) SP4 to run in Windows 7; others, however, had not had any luck!

You will need to download "Creator2009SP4.zip" and "pxengine3_00_58a.zip"; extract the files under dedicated folder, then run the setup or install program. You may want to disable your AntiVirus and Anti/Malware or Spyware program before doing so.

Hope this helps!

Jurgen - those who have managed to install it have found that very shortly that it starts to develop errors.

Basically the bottom line is - if you have Windows 7, do NOT install Creator 2009

Daithi, I hear you — nevertheless, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 on my schleptop and x64 on my (home built) desktop system since the RTM version came out in August/September, and had and have no problems with Roxio Creator 2009 SE. (Along with other software not specifically qualified with Windows 7.)

BTW, Microsoft was doing their best to ensure that software running in Windows Vista (version 6.0) would also run in Windows 7 (version 6.1); though they admit having closed a few loop-holes here and there... ;)

Thank you.

Daithi, I hear you — nevertheless, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 on my schleptop and x64 on my (home built) desktop system since the RTM version came out in August/September, and had and have no problems with Roxio Creator 2009 SE. (Along with other software not specifically qualified with Windows 7.)

BTW, Microsoft was doing their best to ensure that software running in Windows Vista (version 6.0) would also run in Windows 7 (version 6.1); though they admit having closed a few loop-holes here and there... ;)

Thank you.

Then you must have one of the Golden Halo Computers… (turn left at the Unicorn and follow the large rabbit)

For the overwhelming vast majority – it don't work!!![/i]

Archived