• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy VHS to DVD

mrs mooncake

Question

Hello - I have just bought an Easy VHS to DVD but my computer will not load the CD. I have been into my computer and it says "no objects". This has happened before when someone has sent me a video, but I can load photos and music.

Underneath the place where the CD is inserted it says "DVD writer and CD writer". Is this not the same as a DVD Rom? If it isnt - how can I cure this?

Thankyou for your help

6 answers to this question

The V2D disc is a on a DVD.

We need to confirm the Make and Model of your drive, not what the case says.

Press Win-Pause and select Device Manager.

Then expand the "DVD/CD-ROM drives" and tell us the full text of the devices in there.

post-39730-1262520034.jpg

Ooops, sorry, meant DVD! Just getting used to all the jargon - took a while to work out the Win-Pause bit but finally found the info.

In the folder marked DVD/CD ROM drives - it says

LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-8325

Thanks very much for replying - wish I knew a lot more about the inside of my computer!

You will want to use the Prep Steps, KB Page, before starting to install.

I am a little concerned that you drive may be on its' way out, but in the prep steps it covers updating it, so that may be all that is needed.

In addition, cdanteek has posted an excellent summary of installing at the top of the forum here. Look through that too.

We should concentrate on getting it installed for now but you may run into a SCART adapter problem later… Not always but keep it in mind after you get the software installed.

I am a little concerned that you drive may be on its' way out, but in the prep steps it covers updating it, so that may be all that is needed.

In addition, cdanteek has posted an excellent summary of installing at the top of the forum here. Look through that too.

We should concentrate on getting it installed for now but you may run into a SCART adapter problem later… Not always but keep it in mind after you get the software installed.

Thanks very much - this looks like a big job to me - and I'm very nervous of 'updating' my windows. I've tried to download the software from the Roxio website as they have suggested but although I've downloaded it a message comes up to say that the software could not be found and could not be located on my system. My daughter popped the DVD into her laptop and it took it straight away! I'll give all your info a go when I have her with me as she is much better at computers than me! Thanks

Thanks very much - this looks like a big job to me - and I'm very nervous of 'updating' my windows. I've tried to download the software from the Roxio website as they have suggested but although I've downloaded it a message comes up to say that the software could not be found and could not be located on my system. My daughter popped the DVD into her laptop and it took it straight away! I'll give all your info a go when I have her with me as she is much better at computers than me! Thanks

Sons and Daughters are supposed to take care of us, that is what they are for :lol::D:lol:

Archived