Fit to Disc Not Working

Burnedout

Question

The Fit to Disc process is not working. It is showing red over usage on a 4.7GB CD for a normal movie rather than adjusting. I can manually adjust to either LP or SP, but the quality would be slightly better if the Fit to Disc option was working. How can this be fixed?

Thank you

3 answers to this question

Well allowing for the fact that CDs are 700 MB and 4.7 GB would be a DVD and not a CD

Forget disc size and think time. In general, one hour video = 1 single layer DVD.

Having said that, a few more details - what are you converting and how are you doing it? Have you tried making an image file on the hard drive first?

Well allowing for the fact that CDs are 700 MB and 4.7 GB would be a DVD and not a CD

Forget disc size and think time. In general, one hour video = 1 single layer DVD.

Having said that, a few more details - what are you converting and how are you doing it? Have you tried making an image file on the hard drive first?

It was working before Roxio Creator 2010 Pro on my Roxio 9. The software determined the available size of the disc, in this case 4.7GB and chose and area between HQ or a little less. Now I have to manually select SP instead of getting the benefit of a little better quality slightly above SP or between SP and HQ.

Leaving it to the Fit the Disc option always comes back with a Red bar in the total usage and overage instead of Roxio fitting to disc as it is supposed to do.

It was working before Roxio Creator 2010 Pro on my Roxio 9. The software determined the available size of the disc, in this case 4.7GB and chose and area between HQ or a little less. Now I have to manually select SP instead of getting the benefit of a little better quality slightly above SP or between SP and HQ.

Leaving it to the Fit the Disc option always comes back with a Red bar in the total usage and overage instead of Roxio fitting to disc as it is supposed to do.

Use the Same As Original setting instead of Fit to Disc.

Archived