• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

distorted lines in playback

tumpa

Question

I have used creator 2009 special edition for 10 months and no trouble. Now during a dvd playback i have distorted wavey lines whenever there is motion in the picture. ie..camera zoom in or out or when camera moves. I notice this before burning dvd in preview but the avi file looks good. Anybody???

20 answers to this question

If the graphics card is nVidia, actually roll it back to the previous driver. There have been reports of some strange happenings with the latest drivers

Video card is ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB-PC is dell studio xps vista home premium 64-bit with 8GB RAM-intel i7-920 processor (8MB 2.66GHz)

Well, i did the clean install and did setup from temp file and still no change. I went to dell site and drivers and firmware are up to date. While program is loading i get info box that says "the setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. If you choose to continue a reboot will be required to complete the setup" yes or no still tells me that windows is configuring roxio and then the computer automatically reboots. Its a never ending cycle! This software worked good at first and then i got those lines i talked about. Then after clean install,thats when software wouldn't install properly anymore. I even made copy of reg keys and put back in and still no good. I'M LOST!

Then you are not following the Clean Install or Prep Steps... You don't get messages like that if you are because that indicates you still have services running that are interfering with it.

Belive me, with several PC's and during the Beta workups, I have installed dozens of times and never got a message like that.

Go back and double check everything.

Then you are not following the Clean Install or Prep Steps... You don't get messages like that if you are because that indicates you still have services running that are interfering with it.

Belive me, with several PC's and during the Beta workups, I have installed dozens of times and never got a message like that.

Go back and double check everything.

Sorry for all the trouble,i know your trying to help. Here is what i did for clean install and what i see.

step 1. I did the msconfig and disabled all at startup. Plus i even uninstalled my antivirus completely.

step 2. uninstalled roxio creator 2009 and the smartsound plugin.

step3 under windows clean up utility there is nothing there with roxio, directx, sonic,emc or smartsound so i did nothing.

step4. the folders i see and deleted are as follows:c;\program data\roxio

c;\program data\sonic and

c;\program data\smartsound (not listed but is there)

c;\program files(x86) roxio and

c;\program files(x86) smartsound (not listed but is there)

c;\users\username\app data\local\roxiocentralfx

c;\users\username\app data\roaming\roxio (THATS ALL THERE ARE) recycle bin emptied

step 5.Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER i deleted a roxio and a sonic folder

under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE there is no roxio,sonic,sonic desktop folders to delete. under the wow6432node folder i deleted the roxio folder (THERE IS NO SONIC) but there is a smartsound folder i deleted.

step 6. i restart pc (i know i clumped step4 and 5 together)

Do you see anything that i am doing wrong or anything out of place?

Sorry for all the trouble,i know your trying to help. Here is what i did for clean install and what i see.

step 1. I did the msconfig and disabled all at startup. Plus i even uninstalled my antivirus completely.

step 2. uninstalled roxio creator 2009 and the smartsound plugin.

step3 under windows clean up utility there is nothing there with roxio, directx, sonic,emc or smartsound so i did nothing.

step4. the folders i see and deleted are as follows:c;\program data\roxio

c;\program data\sonic and

c;\program data\smartsound (not listed but is there)

c;\program files(x86) roxio and

c;\program files(x86) smartsound (not listed but is there)

c;\users\username\app data\local\roxiocentralfx

c;\users\username\app data\roaming\roxio (THATS ALL THERE ARE) recycle bin emptied

step 5.Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER i deleted a roxio and a sonic folder

under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE there is no roxio,sonic,sonic desktop folders to delete. under the wow6432node folder i deleted the roxio folder (THERE IS NO SONIC) but there is a smartsound folder i deleted.

step 6. i restart pc (i know i clumped step4 and 5 together)

Do you see anything that i am doing wrong or anything out of place?

The "Sonic" portions are not always present, so that is nothing to be concerned with. Also if the install is faulty, some of the Keys may not be present.

In your list, between Step 1 and Step 2 you must restart your PC for the disable to take effect! Otherwise there are things you will not be able to delete.

Also did you do the Prep Steps before starting the new install?

I know this is frustrating, you are handling it well ;)

The "Sonic" portions are not always present, so that is nothing to be concerned with. Also if the install is faulty, some of the Keys may not be present.

In your list, between Step 1 and Step 2 you must restart your PC for the disable to take effect! Otherwise there are things you will not be able to delete.

Also did you do the Prep Steps before starting the new install?

Yes i did restart pc between step 1 and 2, forgot to add that. I went over everything a few times again and still no good.Even got an error that stated (roxiowatchtray 11.exe unable to locate component-this application has failed to start because layout Dll11.dll was not found. reinstallation of the application may fix the problem. This error came up after restart even before i tried opening roxio software!I have done this so many times i don't need the instructions anymore. This software installed fine when i first got it and again after HD failure. This was done with everything running (not a clean install) i don't get what happened now that i 'm having all this trouble?

Then it comes to this – Vista/Win7

I tried that several times and when i reinstall which seems to take alot longer than usual, it seems to hang on installing smartsound. When i open program i get several errors which include..i need a cd-rom that is not available insert roxio central disk-the setup must update files while running-installation package not found use valid copy. any more ideas?

If you have the download version istead pf the CD, extract the files fom the .exe to a temporary folder (use winzip or winrar) and run setup.exe from there - that should work

I have the cd. Actually i have two of them and neither will work. I can get into the software after cancelling out numerous errors along the way. Windows keeps trying to configure every step of the way. Not sure what that means or what is missing. Thank you though.

As a test, try the same project but go under Tools – Options – Render, and set it to Software.

If that fixes it, I would suspect you have recently updated your Video Card driver…

I tried that and no change. The driver i have is current and was not updated.

OK - similar setup. Make a temp folder and copy the contents over into that and run setuip.exe from there

You may need to do the clean install procedure first tho

Not may, Must :lol:

Print it out and do what it says!

Roxio also has a list of Prep Steps – Here

Also just do the Disc 1 DVD for now. The Disc 2 DVD are optional extras, just get the Roxio Program running first.

Yes i did restart pc between step 1 and 2, forgot to add that. I went over everything a few times again and still no good.Even got an error that stated (roxiowatchtray 11.exe unable to locate component-this application has failed to start because layout Dll11.dll was not found. reinstallation of the application may fix the problem. This error came up after restart even before i tried opening roxio software!I have done this so many times i don't need the instructions anymore. This software installed fine when i first got it and again after HD failure. This was done with everything running (not a clean install) i don't get what happened now that i 'm having all this trouble?

I do not know, but it can be frustrating…

You also have AV and all other programs shut down during install?

Did you replace the HDD or just reformat it? (where I am going is that if the HDD of failing it can produce random errors)

How about chipset drivers and that sort of thing? Is the Device Manager list free of any errors or warning?

If it were mine, I would format the drive at this point!

Hey there,

Well i ended up reinstalling the os which is vista. I only downloaded important updates and roxio software. The software installed fine and is working great (no more lines=original problem). I see i am not the only person to have trouble after a clean install. There must have been some issue with roxio and another download that made bad picture. Roxio tech support was worthless which is why i am glad there is this forum. Thanks to all for your help.

Not may, Must :lol:

Print it out and do what it says!

Roxio also has a list of Prep Steps – Here

Also just do the Disc 1 DVD for now. The Disc 2 DVD are optional extras, just get the Roxio Program running first.

Well, i did the clean install and did setup from temp file and still no change. I went to dell site and drivers and firmware are up to date. While program is loading i get info box that says "the setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. If you choose to continue a reboot will be required to complete the setup" yes or no still tells me that windows is configuring roxio and then the computer automatically reboots. Its a never ending cycle! This software worked good at first and then i got those lines i talked about. Then after clean install,thats when software wouldn't install properly anymore. I even made copy of reg keys and put back in and still no good. I'M LOST!

Archived