• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Follow up to making coasters...

SparkChaser

Question

Two Items in this Post:

Item 1:

Thanks to Jim Hardin and REDWAGON for their initial response to my questions and comments to (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=60185), I looked into my computer details. While I believe my computer meets all of the basic required specs, I also noticed that due to my power saving settings, a complete defrag hadn't been done in several weeks :angry2: .

After I made sure my HD was defragged, I was able to get the problem video tape (wedding video) faithfully captured using MyDVD :) . I then used Videowave to trim the undesired beginning and end scenes from the video and then burned the video to a DVD using MyDVD again. I also used the "normalize audio" function when I exported the file to my finished version of it to fix some volume issues that existed in the original video tape.

While this wasn't as simple as Plug & Burn could have been, I am happy to report that I have succeeded in getting the DVD I really wanted to make finished satisfactorily.

I apologize for starting a new post for this but since I hadn't gotten any responses after I answered the questions put to me in my earlier post, I just wanted to post my thanks in a location that it would be seen in.

Thank you Jim Hardin and REDWAGON for getting me thinking for myself :lol: and refusing to be intimidated by something that seems as if it will be relatively easy to use with some experience.

Item 2:

Is there a place where I can get a full manual for "Easy VHS to DVD"?

I have browsed the Roxio site and not stumbled across it yet. Since each item in the software GUI opens another application, I am not sure how to get a good grasp of all of the features and how to best use them. For this, I believe a good pdf manual would be invaluable if it exists.

If there is no manual available, could anyone suggest a good way to familiarize myself with the full capabilities of the program other than "just playing with it"?

Thanks again for item 1 and Thanks in advance for item 2...

SparkChaser

3 answers to this question

That's great that you have found a way to get your production work completed. As far as a manual for the VHS to DVD, this is a PDF guide that sould be of help.

http://docs.roxio.com/en/easyvhstodvd/easy...dvd_gsg_enu.pdf

Nothing wrong as far as starting a new post, especially when it's a thank you. For all the solutions that users have received from the Roxio forum, there are very few where the user comes back with a thank you. This is very much appreciated by all our group. So THANKS for your thank you post :):)

Frank...

Thanks for the file Frank. Unfortunately it is the same thing that came with my hardware/software package. I was hoping to find a little more detailed instructions on what the individual components in the software "suite" will do. Since at this point I still don't even know what each of the components are called, each time I want to do something, I have to "figure" it out. If Roxio has a comprehensive manual that would be a godsend. If not, can you tell me what the names of all the components in the "suite" are so I can look for info on Roxio's site (armed with the software application names, I would be better equipped to look for instructions on the use of each item in the "suite").

Thanks for your response. Hopefully as I learn a little, I can try to "give back". In the meantime, I appreciate having a group to ask questions of.

Cheers :)

Kevin

Thanks for the file Frank. Unfortunately it is the same thing that came with my hardware/software package. I was hoping to find a little more detailed instructions on what the individual components in the software "suite" will do. Since at this point I still don't even know what each of the components are called, each time I want to do something, I have to "figure" it out. If Roxio has a comprehensive manual that would be a godsend. If not, can you tell me what the names of all the components in the "suite" are so I can look for info on Roxio's site (armed with the software application names, I would be better equipped to look for instructions on the use of each item in the "suite").

Thanks for your response. Hopefully as I learn a little, I can try to "give back". In the meantime, I appreciate having a group to ask questions of.

Cheers :)

Kevin

Not sure Kevin what exactly you are referring to when you say (RED above) Here are the different options you have in the program (attached) which ones are you wanting to know about ??

Frank...

Archived