how to remove track separation on audio cd (?)

drano blueslick

Question

Hello Roxio Folks.

I have a a pc with Roxio Easy Creator 9 factory installed. In the data bar that appears on the top of my screen it appears as Roxio Creator DE. I have had no issues with it and it is quite simple to use. However, I like to download and burn live concert performances and I have not been able to figure out how to remove the gaps between songs. (thus creating a complete sounding live set).

when I create a disc and burn it, it creates a one second gap between tracks which sounds terrible.

If someone could tell me how to compress the tracks so they play seamlessly with no spaces between songs, I would really appreciate it.

I find this software simple to use, but I am really only in it for the music, and not the video applications..

I have used Fuerio in the past, but it is too difficult to navigate. It removes spaces between tracks, but is a chore to use.

any help is greatly appreciated. , thanks and Happy New Year, --D.

9 answers to this question

Whilst I do have the fully paid for version of Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 which I like and use a lot I recently wanted to burn a gapless live concert CD from a set of FLAC files, I had previously used the freeware burrrn (XXXXXX) program but it refused to tackle this job I had earlier been searching for a freeware cd burning program that allowed gapless burning and had found and installed another freebie XXXXXXX.

I found it worked a treat as it burnt from the FLACs AND created a smoothly playing continuous CD

John, I removed the names of the freeware from the posts. Since you are a new poster, recommending software can be a problem. This is not a blast at you but some freeware is far from it and can be harmful. Sorry.

I'm having to make some guesses here, which makes me uneasy. Please correct me if I guess wrong.

I'm guessing that in your cut-down version you won't have an application called Music Disc Creator, and the only way you can make audio discs is from the 'Home Application' Audio CD menu choice. Is that right?

If so, I think the only way you can eliminate the gap between tracks is to edit the 'properties' of each track after the first, and set the "Pre-Gap" to zero.

Here is the screen from Easy Media Creator 9 Suite, which is the nearest thing I have to what I think you have.post-208-1262575210.jpg

I've highlighted the third track, and clicked the blue "I" button and set the pre-gap for zero seconds. I did the same for the second track. The first track always has a pre-gap of 2 seconds so you can't change it.

I think this should get you what you want, an audio CD without gaps between the tracks. The usual way to do this is to burn in DAO - Disc At Once - mode, but I can't find a way to force that mode from the Home Application Audio CD software. I don't have any music to hand which runs seamlessly from one track to the next, so I can't test it right now. Would you please tell me if it works for you.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello Roxio Folks.

I have a a pc with Roxio Easy Creator 9 factory installed. In the data bar that appears on the top of my screen it appears as Roxio Creator DE. I have had no issues with it and it is quite simple to use. However, I like to download and burn live concert performances and I have not been able to figure out how to remove the gaps between songs. (thus creating a complete sounding live set).

when I create a disc and burn it, it creates a one second gap between tracks which sounds terrible.

If someone could tell me how to compress the tracks so they play seamlessly with no spaces between songs, I would really appreciate it.

I find this software simple to use, but I am really only in it for the music, and not the video applications..

I have used Fuerio in the past, but it is too difficult to navigate. It removes spaces between tracks, but is a chore to use.

any help is greatly appreciated. , thanks and Happy New Year, --D.

First, we aren't Roxio folks. Just users of the software, like you.

Second, you have a stripped down Dell edition of Easy Media Creator 9. But, the gap was a problem with more than one edition of the software.

If your version has Sound Editor, you can bring in your files and remove any gaps between songs, output the resulting file as a .wav file, or .mp3 file, and burn it to a CD.

Brendan, grandpabruce, thank you both for your replies.

Your replies are both essentially correct. It did not occur to me that I had a stripped down version installed, -but I guess I do. I dont have a Sound Editor or any other such features installed. Under the menu that Brendan showed pulled down, I have only about half of those features.

Once again thanks for your replies.

After reading your posts I checked the 'Upgrade' button on my version, it directed me to a page where I could make an upgrade to a newer version of Roxio for either $70 or $100.

thanks for your help. I understand the problem. I guess I will have to think over what to do next.

(if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free.) Not sure if I willl upgrade or not. Or look for other software at this point. Thats a lot of money just to remove some silent gaps from my live discs..... hmmmm......

thanks again, -Drano

Hi Drano,

I'd suggest you see if you can do what you want with the software you have. It seems a real pain in the backside to have to buy all sorts of frills and fripperies when all you want to do is something quite simple.

Bigger is not always better.

Regards,

Brendon

I think this should get you what you want, an audio CD without gaps between the tracks. The usual way to do this is to burn in DAO - Disc At Once - mode, but I can't find a way to force that mode from the Home Application Audio CD software. I don't have any music to hand which runs seamlessly from one track to the next, so I can't test it right now. Would you please tell me if it works for you.

Regards,

Brendon

My recollection from some playing around making an Audio CD in the Home application with EMC 9 is that there was no option for writing in TAO - Track At Once -mode, and it always wrote in DAO mode. So if the pre-gap can be set, he should be in better shape since I wouldn't expect them to stick a different mode into the cut down version. (But, my expectations have been wrong before.)

The other question is whether or not the music files have any silence at the end or beginning of them, which changing the pre-gap won't remove. Drano, if you cue the files up and play them in whatever you're playing them on your PC, do they play seamlessly there? Also, what type of files and from what source are you using? (.MP3, .WMA?) You can try downloading something like GoldWave, and opening your file in that to see if there is any silence that is actually part of the track.

Let us know how you make out!

......yeah, there is no such 'Disc at Once' style of option on my version. I thought of already. (Feurio actually allows the user to insert "User Defined" pauses between tracks.) , but there is no such option available here.

......hmmmm...

thanks again, -D.

PS, I will try some things, do some digging and see what turns up. I will keep you posted !!! :mellow:

Whilst I do have the fully paid for version of Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 which I like and use a lot I recently wanted to burn a gapless live concert CD from a set of FLAC files, I had previously used the freeware burrrn (XXXXXX) program but it refused to tackle this job I had earlier been searching for a freeware cd burning program that allowed gapless burning and had found and installed another freebie XXXXXXXX.

I found it worked a treat as it burnt from the FLACs AND created a smoothly playing continuous CD

Archived