• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

runtime error

ginge_1@dishmail.net

Question

At first when I installed my new program, it was working fine. Now I can`t get anything to work right,I get a Error report of Microsoft visual C ++, runtime error R6034,

app. has made attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly .please contact the application`s support team for more information.

Or sometimes I get roxio creater has encountered a problem and need to close!

Can you help me with this problem, I`m ready to take it back to the store,

I have tried uninstalling and doing I clean install, and down loaded service pack, etc, nothing has helped.

I tried calling the help number and was on the line for every and no one answered.

11 answers to this question

Windows xp2002

Parts of your computer are not up to snuff to be able to run the software. You have a poor video chip, not a card, you don't have enough RAM, and you need to update your DirectX drivers.

You can try updating the DirectX drivers, here"

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

But, I don't think that it will be enough to get you up and running properly.

You can try to do a Clean Install, following ALL of the instructions, here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=41967

Hi, Thanks forgetting back to me so soon!

Installed Microsoft Directx9.0 SDK update Feb.2005.

And downloaded Microsoft visual C++2008 redistributable package (86) VCREDIST _x86.exe from the product support center.

In addition to Bruce's comments; I think he is right on the money, your graphics card appears to be dying. (And the graphics drivers are using the older C++ libraries.) Do not use the SDK version, and use the more recent DirectX library.

I had the case of such dying graphics card where at first I could not load Windows XP Media Center on my PC, Windows XP Pro was still working (dual-boot). But few weeks later Window XP would crash and not load again — and that occurred whenever I ran an application that intensively used the graphics card. Eventually, then just "wiggling" an window would get me a blue screen!

But do not leave out diagnostics of your memory and CPU. I suggest to install a new graphics card and see if that helped.

Thank you.

At first when I installed my new program, it was working fine. Now I can`t get anything to work right,I get a Error report of Microsoft visual C ++, runtime error R6034,

This is an error that can occur when you create a project (here, to compile a program) and the Manifest had not been declared (e.g., where to find DLL, resources, and such). I have seen this error, say, when running Winword. This error is related to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 / .NET 2.0.

As you have tried to reinstall your "new program", and as Roxio Creator 2009 is using a newer library (i.e., .NET 3.5) I am wondering what Roxio software you refer to???

You may want to update your Windows system with latest WindowsUpdates and ensure your system is free from any Virus and Mal and Spyware!

Also, cleanup your "%TMP%" directory.

Hope this helps.

My program is Roxio creator 2010, And I installed by disc, When I first installed it everything came up, now I can`t click on the desktop icon with out getting the error of microsoft visual c ++ runtime error R6034.A application has made a attempt to load C runtime library incorrectly, please contact the applications support team for more information

If I go to start , then all programs, and click on Roxio , I can get in to it , some applications are working.

The one`s that won`t run are the My DVD,Video wave, & photo show express.I get a message saying(There are insufficient graphics capabilities for the application to run, this could be caused by the following:

Your video card-driver may not fully support directX9.0. check to see if an update is available for your card, or your video card hardware may not be sufficient for full direct X9.0.

I did a uninstall, and ran a clean reinstall, a couple times. And have down loaded some updates:

Down loaded loaded Service pack 3 :

Ran software up dates:

Down loaded from Hp site, Via?S3G uni-chrome 1 GP,Version 6.14.10.194, Driver updates-driver graphies.sp26437.eve.

And downloaded Microsoft visual C++2008 redistributable package (86) VCREDIST _x86.exe from the product support center.

And still can`t get those applications to work!

Could it be my video card hard-drive that`s the problem, and what do I do to fix that??

I did down load a couple other programs to see if my computer would run copying my home videos from my computer to DVD`s. called DVD Santa and DVD flicks and was using them while I had it down loaded , I have sence deleted them from my programs. And tried reinstalling a clean install of Roxio.

Maybe that had something to do with the problems.

Anyway, to answer your questions, I have Windows XP 2002, HP Pavilion A620N computer AMD Athlon xp 3200+,2.20 GHZ, 448 MB of ram.

Not sure about the Cleaning TMP directory,?

And I ran a sweep for any virus, etc.And it was mostly clean, had some cookies, that I cleaned out.

Thanks for your help, please let me know what you think I should do about the problems.

FYI, my first two attemps installing C2010 Pro on W-7 x64 Pro, I received the same message in the same programs.

When I installed W-7 late October ATI only had one driver for Vista and W-7 x64. After two install failures I rechecked ATI's website and new drivers were posted, installed them and Roxio installed fine and no errors anywhere.

Now I have a ATI 4850 with 512mb ram on the card, the error was bogus for me...

post-97-1263088339.jpg

cd

I did a system recovery back to before I installed Roxio 2010, And did a clean install of roxio and I got all of the program back, There is a couple things that still get`s a message Saying there is not enough graphics to run . But, most of it works now, I can now make video shows, and copy home moves from my computer to DVD and watch them on my DVD player in my living room.The start page and Icon all work now!

With this last new install of roxio , there was a new update message that came up for it. And I downloaded it, also.

I have noticed that when I`m running the roxio program, the other things seem to run slower, though!So I only have roxio program running when I use it. So at this point I`m happy with how it`s running,I just hope it keep going as is!!

Someone said that I have a chip , not a card in my computer! What does that mean? Can that be up graded,also??

And all the downloads that I listed before that I did , are all gone after the system recovery, should I download them again, or leave well enough alone??

I really don`t know a lot about computers, and can use any help you can give!

Thanks for all your help everyone!!

FYI, my first two attemps installing C2010 Pro on W-7 x64 Pro, I received the same message in the same programs.

When I installed W-7 late October ATI only had one driver for Vista and W-7 x64. After two install failures I rechecked ATI's website and new drivers were posted, installed them and Roxio installed fine and no errors anywhere.

post-97-1263088339.jpg

cd

Someone said that I have a chip , not a card in my computer! What does that mean? Can that be up graded,also??

And all the downloads that I listed before that I did , are all gone after the system recovery, should I download them again, or leave well enough alone??

I really don`t know a lot about computers, and can use any help you can give!

Thanks for all your help everyone!!

you can have an on (mother) board graphics chip or a separate graphics card installed; good source to find out is the owner's manual of your PC; you can also open your PC (or look very closely at the backside of your PC) to see whether a feature card is installed and where your graphics card monitor connector is located, i.e., on the upper area close to mouse and keyboard connectors, or rather lower where you will see the space holders for the PC feature cards.

I am now not sure (taking into account the various emails) what you actually now have installed on your system?

The ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 - GPU definitely would have the horse power, supporting DirectX 10.1, BlueRay playback and sporting HDMI interfaces.

Check for most recent ATI graphics driver though.

you can have an on (mother) board graphics chip or a separate graphics card installed; good source to find out is the owner's manual of your PC; you can also open your PC (or look very closely at the backside of your PC) to see whether a feature card is installed and where your graphics card monitor connector is located, i.e., on the upper area close to mouse and keyboard connectors, or rather lower where you will see the space holders for the PC feature cards.

I am now not sure (taking into account the various emails) what you actually now have installed on your system?

The ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 - GPU definitely would have the horse power, supporting DirectX 10.1, BlueRay playback and sporting HDMI interfaces.

Check for most recent ATI graphics driver though.

jmhoraze,

quote name='jmhoraze' date='Jan 10 2010, 01:59 AM' post='310618'

Do you read the post BEFORE you reply...

cd

My program is Roxio creator 2010, And I installed by disc, When I first installed it everything came up, now I can`t click on the desktop icon with out getting the error of microsoft visual c ++ runtime error R6034.A application has made a attempt to load C runtime library incorrectly, please contact the applications support team for more information

If I go to start , then all programs, and click on Roxio , I can get in to it , some applications are working.

The one`s that won`t run are the My DVD,Video wave, & photo show express.I get a message saying(There are insufficient graphics capabilities for the application to run, this could be caused by the following:

Your video card-driver may not fully support directX9.0. check to see if an update is available for your card, or your video card hardware may not be sufficient for full direct X9.0.

I did a uninstall, and ran a clean reinstall, a couple times. And have down loaded some updates:

Down loaded loaded Service pack 3 :

Ran software up dates:

Down loaded from Hp site, Via?S3G uni-chrome 1 GP,Version 6.14.10.194, Driver updates-driver graphies.sp26437.eve.

And still can`t get those applications to work!

Could it be my video card hard-drive that`s the problem, and what do I do to fix that??

I did down load a couple other programs to see if my computer would run copying my home videos from my computer to DVD`s. called DVD Santa and DVD flicks and was using them while I had it down loaded , I have sence deleted them from my programs. And tried reinstalling a clean install of Roxio.

Maybe that had something to do with the problems.

Anyway, to answer your questions, I have Windows XP 2002, HP Pavilion A620N computer AMD Athlon xp 3200+,2.20 GHZ, 448 MB of ram.

Not sure about the Cleaning TMP directory,?

And I ran a sweep for any virus, etc.And it was mostly clean, had some cookies, that I cleaned out.

Thanks for your help, please let me know what you think I should do about the problems.

Archived