• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Merging Multiple MyDVD projects

mity287

Question

I have recently started using Creator 09, I was using MS video maker before this. I love many of the Roxio features!!

Ok, I believe I got ahead of my self with this program. I spent many hours and days creating 3 videos. Now I created these videos in Mydvd advanced. Now I want to combine these projects into one Mydvd project!!

Hind sight, I should have created and edited these videos in Video edit/Video Wave and then add it to MyDVD.

I created a new project and tried to add as a new video but the program did not read any of the projects on my harddrive. I also tried converting some of the projects into a Image or ISO file. But the Mydvd program did not read that either when trying to add a new video.

Soooo, is there any way to put these vidoes together without totally scrapping my video projects and starting all over. I really dont want to create 3 seperate DVDs for these videos!!!

Thanks for anyone for your Help!!

5 answers to this question

I have recently started using Creator 09, I was using MS video maker before this. I love many of the Roxio features!!

Ok, I believe I got ahead of my self with this program. I spent many hours and days creating 3 videos. Now I created these videos in Mydvd advanced. Now I want to combine these projects into one Mydvd project!!

Hind sight, I should have created and edited these videos in Video edit/Video Wave and then add it to MyDVD.

I created a new project and tried to add as a new video but the program did not read any of the projects on my harddrive. I also tried converting some of the projects into a Image or ISO file. But the Mydvd program did not read that either when trying to add a new video.

Soooo, is there any way to put these vidoes together without totally scrapping my video projects and starting all over. I really dont want to create 3 seperate DVDs for these videos!!!

Thanks for anyone for your Help!!

There is basically no Creator 09 - there is Roxio Creator 2009 and the over 3 year old Easy Media Creator 9. Which do you have?

MyDVD projects cannot be combined to a create a new myDVD project.

What you could try is-

Using myDVD, Output project 2 and 3 each to an mpg file

then launch project 1 and add the mpg files from project 2 & 3

Sorry, I did not realize there were so many variations. I am using Roxio Creator 2009.

I was worried that would be the case for my issue. From now on I use MyDVD last!!!

As for your suggestion, how do I OUTPUT my Mydvd projects into a mpeg format. keep in mind my projects are not in any other application ie video viewer. I tried converting them to the ISO format but that doesnt seem to help(under the burn application).

I really appreciate your help.

Sorry, I did not realize there were so many variations. I am using Roxio Creator 2009.

I was worried that would be the case for my issue. From now on I use MyDVD last!!!

As for your suggestion, how do I OUTPUT my Mydvd projects into a mpeg format. keep in mind my projects are not in any other application ie video viewer. I tried converting them to the ISO format but that doesnt seem to help(under the burn application).

I really appreciate your help.

Double click on the project "2" file (it has the dmsd extension) then select the Title on the menu page then click on Edit Movie in the task panels, now click on the "Export As" icon (the circular icon in the top task bar). The Make Movie window will open where you can select the type of video you want to create. In your case you should select Destination: Video file, Purpose: DVD playback, Video Quality: MPEG-2 for DVD, best quality. Then set the video filename and location and proceed to create the video file.

Do the same for for project "3".

After you have created the mpeg-2 files for project 2 and 3, launch project 1 and add the mpeg2 files. You should now have a project that combines all 3 projects.

BTW, an iso (image file) cannot be added to Videowave or myDVD or edited since it is simply an image of a final burned DVD

Archived