• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photo Printing

Rhbgof01

Question

I have recently installed Creator 2010 on my Dell Laptop. I have a Lexmark X9575 printer. I cannot get any photo's to print from Creator. My Lexmark shows in the printer selection box, and the file seems to try and load - but the printer just prints a blank page. I've tried on 3 different laptops (all Dell) and they behave in the same way. I've previously used Roxio 7 Photo-suite without any problems- this the first Creator package I've tried. I'm obviously missing something very fundamental, but I cannot see what!

14 answers to this question

Did you check with Lexmark?

I don't have a Lexmark printer, so I can't test anything for you but I would be on the phone to them to make sure that you have the latest update.

Also, did you try anything else, like the Label Creator?

I've checked with Lexmark and installed their Win 7 driver. I just tried to print with label creator and it works fine - that's why I think it's something stupid that I'm doing :blink: From the Creator 2010 Home page I select Photo, then print, then add the photo I want to print (which shows on the right of the selection settings. I then select Print. My Lexmark manager shows that something is loading (very quick though) and Creator thinks it's printed, but all I get is a blank page. It's as though the photo has not been selected for printing.

Win 7 and the Lexmark printer are fine with all other applications.

I just tried this and it doesn't work for me either.On mine nothing happens at all.No blank page,nothing.

I tried on an XP machine with a Lexmark E210.

It's not a photo printer but I don't think it should matter.

When I hit print it goes real fast.

If I bring up the printer queue I see the document come up and then disappear right away.It's so fast I can't read it all.

I am able to print in other apps like Label Creator.

Jim can you try it with whatever printer you have attached?

I just tried it directly from PhotoSuite and it does the same thing.

Edited by tbrewst

Home app – Photos tab – Edit Photos (Roxio PhotoSuite) Win7 & HP 8250

OK

Also tried PhotoSuite on my XP PC and it too printed OK…

Just seems odd that Rhbgof01 can't get it to run on at least ONE of his trial tests!

Photosuite 7 worked on XP before I upgraded to Win 7. I only got Creator 2010 because there seems to be no Photosuite version for Win 7 <_<

It will print from the label creator option in 2010 and on one of the Dell's it starts to load the photo file, but then hangs. After that I cannot delete the file from the printer buffer and I have to reboot the laptop. Maybe it is an incompatibility between Creator 2010 and the Lexmark.

I have an open query with Sonic (Roxio) tech support and I'll try to get some input from Lexmark.

Photosuite 7 worked on XP before I upgraded to Win 7. I only got Creator 2010 because there seems to be no Photosuite version for Win 7 <_<

It will print from the label creator option in 2010 and on one of the Dell's it starts to load the photo file, but then hangs. After that I cannot delete the file from the printer buffer and I have to reboot the laptop. Maybe it is an incompatibility between Creator 2010 and the Lexmark.

I have an open query with Sonic (Roxio) tech support and I'll try to get some input from Lexmark.

Keep us updated!

One possibility (a bit far out but it may work)

Try switching the printer properties to 'RAW' (if they aren't set to that). If they are, switch to one of the other modes and see if that helps

I can't actually see where this option is in my printer settings -- any guidance please???

This is from a Windows 7 pronter properties window. Go to the advanced tab

post-2743-1262873591.jpg

I changed the setting to RAW to no avail. Roxio have just replied to my question posted on 31/12/2009 and one of their suggestions was to turn off printer spooling.

I tried this and it works, but I confess that I don't really understand why :mellow: