usb adaptor?

GA-Jamie

Hello! I'm new here! I want to know if I can use Roxio to back up my personal dvd & vhs collection through a usb adaptor. Some are home movies and some are store bought items that I want to back up before age and use wear them out. I am interested in the Roxio usb adaptor and Creator 2010. I currently have another usb adaptor and the usb emp audio device will no longer work through it. This seemed to happen after I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. My questions are these:

Will the Creator 2010 or another program here allow me to copy backups of our personal vhs & dvd collection without the worry of copywright issues?

Can I use the current usb adaptor with a Roxio program or will I need to purchase the Roxio adaptor? I was hoping a Roxio driver might solve the problem. It is an easycap usb adaptor.

Considering I am having problems with a current adaptor, what are the odds of having these same problems with the Roxio adaptor?

Thanks for your time! I look forward to your responses.

Will the Creator 2010 or another program here allow me to copy backups of our personal vhs & dvd collection without the worry of copywright issues?

NO !

Hello! I'm new here! I want to know if I can use Roxio to back up my personal dvd & vhs collection through a usb adaptor. Some are home movies and some are store bought items that I want to back up before age and use wear them out. I am interested in the Roxio usb adaptor and Creator 2010. I currently have another usb adaptor and the usb emp audio device will no longer work through it. This seemed to happen after I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. My questions are these:

Can I use the current usb adaptor with a Roxio program or will I need to purchase the Roxio adaptor? I was hoping a Roxio driver might solve the problem. It is an easycap usb adaptor.

Considering I am having problems with a current adaptor, what are the odds of having these same problems with the Roxio adaptor?

Did you have another Roxio software called Easy VHS to DVD that came with a USB Capture Device?

There are two versions old version is not compatible with Windows 7...

The new version is compatible with Windows 7 and C2010 will do the same with way more applications will too..

You still need a functioning USB Device tho..

It's illegal to copy commercial DVD's with copy protection, some VCR's, bought ones might not copy either..

cd

If any of the VHS tapes and DVDs are home movies, then yes, you can use the Roxio USB device to capture and duplicate. (Though, for DVDs, you're better off just copying the files from the disc.) And obviously, there is no copyright issue there.

Roxio programs will not help you duplicate any purchased content (pre-recorded tapes or DVDs). Unfortunately, just because you paid for them, you don't own the right to duplicate them.

Using C2010 and the Roxio USB Capture Device, you can copy your personal DVD's by using a DVD player cabled to your TV and then out from the TV to the Roxio USB Capture Device. I have copied many of my personal DVD's in that manner. I have done the same to capture my VHS tapes. VHS player to TV and from TV out ports to the Roxio USB Capture device.

As others have already suggested, you can do the same if you have the Roxio VHS2DVD program that comes with the capture device --OR the Roxio C2010 SE program that also comes with the Capture device. The C2010 Pro program does NOT come with the capture device, so you have to have or buy the Roxio capture device separate.

Frank...

Thanks Frank (and others for your replies). I currently have an almost identical usb adaptor but I am having trouble with it. Before I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium, it worked fine. Now that I am running Win 7 (64bit), I no longer am able to hear the sound with this device. My sound works fine on all other features/programs/devices. My questions are these: 1. Will I have the same problem with the Roxio adaptor? and 2. Do you know how I could make the current adaptor work (brand - Easycap)?

Thanks Frank (and others for your replies). I currently have an almost identical usb adaptor but I am having trouble with it. Before I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium, it worked fine. Now that I am running Win 7 (64bit), I no longer am able to hear the sound with this device. My sound works fine on all other features/programs/devices. My questions are these: 1. Will I have the same problem with the Roxio adaptor? and 2. Do you know how I could make the current adaptor work (brand - Easycap)?

If you are using Roxio's programs (Ones that have a USB Capture Device included or as a side buy) those are the only USB capture devices that will work. Other USB capture devices will not work with the Roxio programs to the best of my knowledge. Bottom line---Use the Roxio USB Capture Device with Roxio Programs--They work ;)

Frank...

Archived