Error When Trying to Finalize DVD - Please help!

tkotecki

Question

I have Roxio Creator DE on my Dell Vostro 1500. I have successfully burned my videos (downloaded to my laptop from my camera) onto a Memorex 16x DVD-R disc. However, when I click the button to finalize the disc so I can watch the DVD on my stand alone DVD players, I am given the error "Please insert an appendable data disc that is CD media or DVD write-once media." Does any one know what I am doing wrong? I am so frustrated and would love to have help!

1 answer to this question

I have Roxio Creator DE on my Dell Vostro 1500. I have successfully burned my videos (downloaded to my laptop from my camera) onto a Memorex 16x DVD-R disc. However, when I click the button to finalize the disc so I can watch the DVD on my stand alone DVD players, I am given the error "Please insert an appendable data disc that is CD media or DVD write-once media." Does any one know what I am doing wrong? I am so frustrated and would love to have help!

You probably don't have a DVD Author application, finalizes after the DVD Video burn?

Sounds like your using Creator Classic or some data application, and that won't work..

Contact Dell to see if you can do what you want with the DE, Dell Edition software...

cd

Archived